Yup, on August 5th I'm moving to Dobbs Ferry, New York. Dobbs Ferry is 15 minutes outside of Manhattan, a very well-to-do area. I'm going to be a nanny to a 19 month old little girl. Most of you know I've been a nanny before in California and swore I would never do it again. But the prospect of having a whole year off school before I start a nursing program, and having to stay in Cache Valley was too much to bear. Not that I don't love my family, the valley, our ward etc., it's just that I don't like to sit tight if I don't have to.
So NYC it is. Perks of the job? Ok; an insane amount of international travel, living a skip away from a very exciting and ginormous city, my own "wing" -or the like- in a 7-bedroom house situated on a golf course, more money a week than I usually have in my bank account (I'm poor), and the company of a sweet little girl... just to give you an idea.
Guess what else? The father of this family has his own Wikipedia page! Who even has that??!! They're pretty prestigious- but I feel like I would be breeching security or something if I were to elaborate on that.
So I started this blog to keep in touch with all my dears. It's so you can read about my adventures at your convenience. If you're interested check in every once in a while.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
New York City here I come!
Yup, on August 5th I'm moving to Dobbs Ferry, New York. Dobbs Ferry is 15 minutes outside of Manhattan, a very well-to-do area. I'm going to be a nanny to a 19 month old little girl. Most of you know I've been a nanny before in California and swore I would never do it again. But the prospect of having a whole year off school before I start a nursing program, and having to stay in Cache Valley was too much to bear. Not that I don't love my family, the valley, our ward etc., it's just that I don't like to sit tight if I don't have to.
So NYC it is. Perks of the job? Ok; an insane amount of international travel, living a skip away from a very exciting and ginormous city, my own "wing" -or the like- in a 7-bedroom house situated on a golf course, more money a week than I usually have in my bank account (I'm poor), and the company of a sweet little girl... just to give you an idea.
Guess what else? The father of this family has his own Wikipedia page! Who even has that??!! They're pretty prestigious- but I feel like I would be breeching security or something if I were to elaborate on that.
So I started this blog to keep in touch with all my dears. It's so you can read about my adventures at your convenience. If you're interested check in every once in a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nicki, you little dear! I'm so excited to live just THREE AND A HALF hours away from you!!! I feel much less nervous about moving to PA knowing that my wonderful sister is just a little closer. Nanny buddies!!! ;) Congrats on landing a SWEET job in a SWEET city! You're the best! Love you!
-Regs
I need your email so I can send you an invite to our blog. Write me an email with it...kara.mac527@gmail.com
Post a Comment