Friday, August 14, 2009

times square

Last summer Gunnar and I and another great friend {"rachy"} had the brilliant plan of taking a vacation to NYC together. And who would have thought it actually would have worked out. Well, sort of. He happened to be out here for some business/intern/other fun stuff and so I met up with him in the city! {Rachael, we missed your pretty face}

Such a lovely day. I took the train into Grand Central station- a sight to see in and of itself I thought- and we met up at the Hyatt. We strolled around the city for like 45 minutes and then decided we better actually do something. So we went to Times Square. I'd never been. It was lots of fun. They have lawn chairs parked right in the middle of it all and we just sat for probably an hour&a half and chatted. It was so wonderful. After lots of people watching, he was the sweetest and treated me to lunch/dinner at this cute little restaurant. I had the best grilled veggie sandwhich I've ever seen/tasted/dreampt of. After we'd stuffed ourselves we went across the street to the M&M factory. That was insane. I really enjoyed it- and I don't even like M&Ms. They had dark chocolate M&Ms with coconut in them, scrumptious.

Unfortunately the afternoon had to end. He had some meetings and such to attend too. And so we rode the subway back to GCS {luckily he was with me- otherwise who knows where I would have ended up} and headed our seperate ways. He's still in town and we're meeting up again tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that. love gunnar. love friends. love the city. love my life.

5 comments:

Shanna lee said...

oh wow!!! I= jelous. you= beautiful. NY= big apple. m&m fac= yummmm. friends= best. roommates= better. feet= lotion. subway= very questionable. taxies= more questionable...

Taunya Spaulding said...

wow! I'm so jealous!! I've wanted to go there forever! it looks kinda scary but I think it would be so much fun! I hope you're being safe! Have fun and take care!!

Caroline Craven said...

I'm so happy you're having the time of your life. Enjoy NY and all (almost all) it has to offer. Plan on a few visits from the Utah branch of your family!!! We love you.

Kara & Levi said...

Will you do me a favor while you're living out there? Will you go visit my sister and brother-in-law and brand new niece Avery for me in Queens?? I can't get out there til next year probably but I still want to see them some how. Just take the subway! Come on, I'm serious!!! They would love it because they don't know a whole lot of "west coasters" out there. They'd make you dinner!

RACHAEL said...

i love shanna's comment. she is so funny. i went to a rodeo today& thought of her. and i love your cute mom's comment. and i love you. and gunnar. and i miss me there. i'm glad you can comment now:]. because your comment made me grin all the way from here to there!