Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lately

At 7pm one night my friend Alli [who is from Danville, CA and a very dedicated Angels fan] decided we should go into the city to watch the Yankee v. Angels baseball game. So we called two other girlfriends and the four of us drove into the Bronx, somehow found parking a million miles away and made our way to the new Yankee stadium. We didn't have tickets but we wached the game in the Hard Rock Cafe right next door. We might have been a little out of place amidst the screaming/drunk Yankee fans. And Alli [of course] had to sport her RED coat in Angels pride. Goodness. The game finally ended at 1am in the 13th inning. So long. Yankees won. That made the drunk people very happy.
Ready and waiting for our yummy hamburgers. Notice none of us are in navy blue, woops.
Earlier that day a group of us drove up to CT to go to this cute farm stand/corn maze. It was my very first corn maze, which is funny because I lived in Cache Valley for 4+ years. Verdict? Corn mazes are boring. I think a haunted one would have been a bit more exciting, but this one was not $7.00 worth of fun.
Our group told Alli and I to "run!", that we would play Sardines. So we ran. In circles. For ten mintues. And kept ending up at this stupid pole. #6. And they didn't even play Sardines [we are gullible?]. We just ran around like idiots. And laughed a lot. And made the entire group wait for us to find our way out. Which took entirely too long.
Cute group of autumn lovers. We enjoyed fresh Apple Cider doughnuts together after our adventure in the corn.
Other great things I've been doing-
Took a week in Saint Martin with the Akram's. That was great. I didn't work during the days so I just layed by the pool or on the beach and read "The Great Influenza" by John M. Barry. Fascinating book. I got a tan and lots of freckles. Minimal sun damage [Mom].
Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge at night. So beautiful. I'm working on getting those pictures.
Saw "Where The Wild Things Are". Loved it. Thought it was a little sad and intense for a children's movie.
Baked homemade bread. Didn't suceed. Megan, Ashley, Mom and Grandma make it looks so easy, and smell so wonderful, and taste so mouthwatering. Mine was the texture of a rubbery pound cake with a surprisingly hard crust. I was quite discouraged. Mom said she would teach me when I go home for Christmas, I have faith that I will master it.
Got the new Michael Buble CD Crazy Love. I might just be a little in love with him, always.
It is gorgeous here. The leaves are bright orange and yellow and red and I feel like someone just lit all the trees on fire. I live in the most beautiful place on earth. And feel so happy and grateful and content.
Happy Autumn!

4 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

I'm glad you finally posted something. Looks so beautiful there. Maybe you could stay a few months into next fall and I can get out there, since I've pretty much missed this fall. I need to plan a trip out. Glad to hear of the minimal sun damage!!!

Taunya Spaulding said...

sounds like you're having more than enough fun! :)that would be awesome to go to a yankees game! what a pretty area for some fall pictures. just curious...when are you coming home??

Ashley said...

cutest pictures.
cutest life=yours.
i love your fun adventures/wish i knew these mysterious people in the pictures.
i L-O-V-E that you included me in the good bread baking. it made my heart soar.
i love you

Ashley said...

p.s. your SO tan. [im jealous] missing your freckled face <3