Sunday, November 22, 2009
With Thanksgiving so close to being here and me being so in the spirit of things, I just wanted to write a little post with a gratitude theme. These past few months I've thought a lot lately, "Is this really my life?!" I'm unbelievably happy and content and so grateful for the people and expierences that have been placed in my life. I know the Lord has been instrumental in the direction my life has taken. So a few things I'm thankful for this year: [and not in any particular order] First and foremost, the Gospel in my life. The relationship I'm strengthening with the Lord and my testimony that is constantly solidified and made stronger by His influence in my life. I have grown to love the saints in this area, my fantastic Bishopric, and the people in my ward. I am humbled by my new calling [Gospel Doctrine teacher] and feel that it is stretching me to new places, spiritually I am growing so much. I'm so grateful to the Lord for recognizing my needs and desires and blessing me with opportunities and expierences that are helping me to become a better version of myself. I'm thankful for my sweet, supportive family in Utah. They are my rock and the sunshine in my life. My parents truly are "goodly parents". Our home is a haven from the world and the peace I feel there is a direct result of their diligence, love and dedication to their family and Heavenly Father. I'm thankful for my sisters- my best friends. Each one so unique and sassy and wonderful. I'm thankful for my brother- quite possibly the sweetest, most adorable, kind-hearted 11 year old on earth. I'm thankful for my AMAZING friends... such great girls, that "friends" doesn't even seem like a strong enough word to use for them. I'm so proud of each one. They've all had tremendous influence in my life. Little apartments in Rexburg will always bring sweet, sweet memories to my mind. I'm thankful that Mara is coming to spend Thanksgiving with me! We'll both be missing our families [first Thanksgiving away] but I'm so excited to spend it with her! I'm thankful for nice people. I do believe that people are genuinely good and on a daily basis I see this. The other day I was in Nordstroms at the Bobbi Brown counter [the foundation is to die for] and this darling older woman was getting her makeup done for some event she was going to that night. Her and I and the lady doing the makeup just chatted. No joke, I sat in the chair next to her for 45 minutes. Doing nothing. Just talking. I love people who smile, who are friendly, and who are kind. They make me immensely happy. I'm thankful for my extended family. My aunts and uncles and cousins and incredible grandparents. I'm thankful for the lady who carried the stroller down the stairs in Grand Central for me while I juggled everything else. We might have missed our train had she not stopped. I could go on and on... There are so many things we have to be thankful for. We are richly blessed, and I feel that very strongly this holiday season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a wonderful post. We all need to be more grateful for our blessings. You are one of the best blessings in my life. I couldn't have asked for a better daughter and I love the relationship we have with each other. I am missing you today and counting the days until you are home for Christmas - we'll have lots of fun just hanging out and being with each other. We are all looking forward to the big day of your arrival. The countdown continues!!!
i loved this. i'm glad you posted this, i feel like it makes me more grateful too [and makes me want to write one of these] you are the sweetest. i love you so much <3
Post a Comment