In high school I had the most incredible teacher, Mrs. Obray [my AP US History&AP Gov/Law teach]. In her classroom one of two things were listened to daily. NPR or Il Divo. And so, my Senior year, I fell in love with Il Divo, [and NPR too]. Last night I was able to go to their concert in the beautiful Beacon Theatre in New York City. It was AMAZING. There are no words. They sang Halleluja, one of my favorite songs. I might have teared.
We went with some friends and had such a nice night. Kristin Chenoweth [Glinda in Wicked] sang a few songs with them as well as an incredible girl on the violin. The theatre was breathtaking and the music was unbelieveable. Afterwards we ate at a cute Greek restaurant, Nicko's. SO DELICIOUS. The night couldn't have been better. Great music, great food, great people. We're happy.
And guess what? Christmas is one week from tomorrow. I am going home in FIVE days. I can hardly contain my excitement.I miss home so much, I didn't even realize how much until I started thinking about going home for Christmas and suddenly the days started dragging. Let me go home!!! It will be a perfect two weeks.
One last note, I wasn't feeling very Christmasy this month, mostly because I wasn't home and missing all my normal festivities has been kind of hard. I was feeling sad but then stopped and remembered what Christmas is really about. Not the lights or gifts or pretty decorations... even though I adore that part of it. I had to remind my self that Christmas is a celebration of our Savior and the night he was born into this mortal probation. The significance of that holy night and his infinite atonement that was to come. When I focus on that aspect I feel the Spirit so strongly. I'm excited to celebrate this season of hope and promise with my family! Merry Christmas to all!
7 comments:
Nicki you are living the dream! I want to go to NY SOOO bad! We want to go soon, seriously.
Have fun at home for Christmas!
You are the sweetest. Love the pretty picture of you two handsomebeautiful people. I love you! Can't wait to seeeee youuu!! :)
I am so jealous of a)your beautiful long hair and b)your wonderful night with the Divo boys. I can't wait to see you in five days!!!!! Love you!
p.s- I really love how your outfits match/coordinate. Did you do that on purpose? That would be the best.
That would be so awesome!! :) so....is that your boyfriend?? he's very cute! your mom just mentioned that you were dating someone-just wondered if that was him! :)
Oh you doll face, I love your posts. Hope you had a great Christmas at home. One more thing: HOTT picture, HOTT couple! ;)
loved that night :) love you two :)
you are beautiful. and so is he.
Post a Comment