Saturday, February 13, 2010

pictures+thoughts.

This is Peyton Manning, we like him. Last week was the 2010 Superbowl. It might have been the first time in my life I've watched it. [not entirely, but 3 quarters worth]. Alli and I cooked a bunch of yummy food and we had a Superbowl Party at Mckay's house. I am learning lots about this sport. Like, pass interference and first downs. With some patience and a lot of tenacity, I will soon be transformed into a foam-finger-waving football fanatic.
I miss these girls a lot. Sometimes when I'm bored, or procrastinating, I open random files on my computer and look at the zillion pictures we have together. That is a happy past time. My Mom sent me the sweetest Vday package. Red shoes (perfect, I know), cute heart-shaped baking tins (I've coveted Rachael's ever since Jan08), and heart-adorned plates and napkins. She's the best. I love this picture. It was taken over Christmas, it's silly slash cute. I miss my family. I love living out here but I don't like missing out on the day to day family stuff. He's so handsome. I like to stare at this picture. We have a hot Valentine's date tonight and I'm pretty excited. I even bought new earrings for it, oh wow. Alli Fife [far left] is my sweetest, sassiest, shopping best amiga out here. Last night we celebrated her 21st birthday at this place called Butterfield 8 Restaurant and Bar. We had dinner at 9, and by the time we left (11:30 or so) it had turned into a club-breasty drunk un-ladylike ladies and all. Fun. When we left there were bouncers outside. Little did they know I'm such the under-ager. It was a great night with good friends. I spend every single day with this little pumpkin. Sometimes I really like her. I've been here 6 months now {WOW} and I'm antsy. I'm dying to be back in school. Lest you think I'm unhappy, she's really adorable and I call her "love bug" & she calls me "Nick" [in the cutest 2 year old voice] and asks me 100 times a day to cross my eyes for her, she thinks I'm funny and I think she's precious, it works.
. And no picture, just a plea. Dear Summertime, Please, please, please just get here. I am so sick of snow and cold. I am sick of uglifying my outfits when I have to put on a coat and boots to go out. The white backdrop is boring nowadays and I'm sick of being indoors. I need to go swimming and wear shorts and eat watermelon. My skin needs some color. I need to lay in the grass and have picnics and read books. As we dig ourselves out of this nasty snow, I dream of sand and sunshine. I would appreciate your immediate compliance. XO, Nic.

4 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

I feel your pain when it comes to missing summer. I don't really miss summer so much as just plain blue sky. I have been looking out my window since Christmas and mostly see grey. I'm tired of it. It sounds like your birthday party for Alli was lots of fun. Watch out for those bouncers!!!

Ashley said...

I always love reading your posts. I think you write down your thoughts and share them so well. I have a hard time with words. I'm excited to read about your Valentine's date. You're the cutest ;0)

Regan Leigh said...

so darling. i love you so much. and miss you. happy valentines day!!!

i can't believe you've lived in NY for six months. you are my brave little toaster!!! :)

and i like your hat in the last picture!

xoxo

Bj said...

Oh I just adore you:) Looks like you guys are having fun out there! I didn't know you were with my little cous Lexie! Tell her hi for me;)