Ever heard of the Hell's Kitchen International Food Fair?
I hadn't. Luckily, Alli has a special book that tells us about fun things to do in the city.
And Saturday we checked it out.
So overwhelming and incredible. A bazillion booths of crafts, treats, snacks, clothes, jewelery, and amazing food. My favorite was the "teas and spices" table. It was lovely- my heart wished my Mom was with me, she would have appreciated it.
It was a hot day, 75 degrees and humid. I had on jeans and a black shirt. I had to buy a cheap $15.00 tie-dyed sun dress from a vendor and change my clothes in the middle of the fair, literally, in the middle of the fair.
As discreetly as I could; which was not very.
Got a few looks, but it was so worth it for those few miserably hot hours.
My outfit was priceless. Every time I looked down I had to laugh when I saw my floral tennis shoes, tie-dyed dress, and funny sun hat.
I secretly loved it.
We met up with my friend Gunnar that afternoon, he was in town for an interview.
Thought it would be fun to take a little trip down to Coney Island.
Ate a hot dog-first one in years-but I figured I had to, it being Coney Island and all.
We lazed in the sand, Gunnar built a funny something with his lemonade cup, we laughed, chatted, reminisced and watched all the silly people.
Coney Island is ghetto, like, Oakland ghetto {fyi}. You should see it sometime, it's comical & wonderful.
That night we stayed in Brooklyn for dinner.
Mckay drove down and met up with us after his 8 hours of studying {ouch!}.
We ate at a cute Italian place.
It's sad when a good day comes to an end...
& it was a really good day.
{a blurry cell phone picture of my outfit. i sent mckay a text asking
him to "please match me for dinner". in reply, "i can't match you
for dinner". i guess if he could, it would be a nervous situation.
1 crazy person per relationship please.}





4 comments:
I'm kind of loving the dress too. Where else can you wear something crazy and feel so normal? Well, I guess you can any where, but the "you" I was talking about was more like "anyone". Looks like a fun weekend.
Me again. The spice table from Hell's Kitchen looks so pretty and yummy - we need to put that on the list of places to go next time. And, nobody can "match" you in a relationship. That would be like "clash of the titans" wouldn't it???
you're so cute and so photogenic! we missed you this last weekend!! we had a lot of fun! you're coming to the reunion right?? YOU BETTER! hope all is going well! love ya!
you already know i love outfit #2 the most. i'm sure you felt free&liberated. gunnar looks different. the pictures are beautiful. how did you put 2 together like that? spices... mmm! i love all the colors.
:]
Post a Comment