-I have a pet now. It's a little darling bunny. Okay, it's not really my pet. "No pets!!!" is actually the text I got from Mckay when I told him I had a pet bunny. That was before I clarified that it was an outside bunny-now he's cool with it. So really there is just this bunny that hangs around our yard and I like to pretend it's because she loves me. I did give her three carrots today to buy her love. And named her Rosie the {my} bunny. I chose that name because M has vowed to veto "Rosie" when/if we have a girl babe, sad.
-On Sunday Mckay made me dinner. It was the very first time he's ever cooked for me. (He counts last December when he made french toast for my family while we were visiting Logan, I don't.) He decided to make Korean food (he served his mission in Korea) and enlisted the help of our good friend Jong Seung. So I relaxed while they steamed up my kitchen.
It was fun to learn so much about Korea and hear a few of Mckay's mission stories. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the smell of fried, fermented cabbage that filled our home for a few days. Next time we'll cook at JS's house. Yep.
-Lastly, I came home to an Autumn themed package from my Mama. It was so wonderful, totally brightened my day. She sent us a jar of her canned peaches (a fave), apricot jam, fall colored dish towels, microwave pop-corn on the cob (cute!), and some pumpkins for decorations. She's the sweetest.
4 comments:
I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. I am impressed with Mckay's kimchi skills. Aren't the pumpkins fun? We made them during our get together at your mom's. Miss you!
Not sure I could eat the kimchi, although I did can some sauerkraut this fall, but I haven't opened any of it to eat. I just like looking at it. McKay has officially cooked more meals for you than Kent has for me. That's a pretty sad statement.
it's the best when the man cooks and you get to just sit there and enjoy it. yummeeeyyy! it looks so yummy! love the fall package! always the best surprise! <3
Delicious! I love Korean food! And you need to make Mckayster cook for you more often! :)
Post a Comment