Thursday, June 9, 2011

My birthday honey.

Sunday, June 5th Mckay turned 29!  I made him Korean food!  Booya.  It was a chicken/Korean sauce/veggie stir fry over WHITE rice (he gets so sad when I make brown).  Corn on the cob isn't so Korean but it's sweet summer corn so I couldn't resist.  

Blowing out the candles- I look crazy because I am inviting kids over to help him & I want to make sure they get to the cake before he is done.  It was probably counter productive because look how scary my face is, I would have stayed put too.  

I forgot to ask him what he wished for... Last year when I threw him this party I posted a picture of him and his freshly extinguished birthday cake on Facebook and my friend Ashley commented, "That means no girlfriends... only a wife?".  I DIED.  Deep down in my heart I hoped and dreamed and knew, but I was so embarrassed and scared that Mckay would freak out a little.  Luckily he didn't, and by the next birthday I was the wife. 

He got 'em all.  

 Happy!

We had to relight so the cutie pies could have their turn blowing out candles.  Three times.  Thad was hilarious and kept asking and asking and asking for more fire.  Seriously, two of the cutest kiddos I've ever seen.

We had a great night visiting with our friends, downing german chocolate cake, and watching the basketball game (him).  Mckay is great, it was fun to devote a day to celebrate him.  I quite enjoyed it & think he did too.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Sweet brown rice. Do you use it?I think it is divine mixed with white rice and hardly noticable. A little way to sneak healthy in without going full on brown. Just a suggestion. You are the cutest. Keep blogging. I love your posts.

Ashley said...

1. LOVE your comment on your face. my first thought was "what is going ON here?! i've never seen nicki make that face" to funny about the kids being scared. i died laughing.
2. i dont remember making that comment but it sounds like me so i'll take your word for it. i knew too that you two would be togeth forev.
3. i love you
4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCKAY!! i'm sure it was splendid <3

doodle said...

You are cute! That was a fun series of pictures. So glad you were the wife this time! haha!

Ashley said...

Happy birthday Mckay! Nicki, you make me laugh. Great job on the Korean dinner. It looks delish, as does the cake ;)

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

You are such a cute wife!! You guys look so good together!

Linzvor said...

How fun! You look so great! I want to see you. Did you know that when we were in Virginia Trev and I talked about driving up to see you...but then you got that crazy, intense snow storm...so we stayed away :( But some day we will make it up there.

Caroline Craven said...

Happy Birthday McKay!!! What a fun party. I should do that for Kent. Have fun in London and Ireland - so jealous, but happy for you.