- Everyone shows up to class on the first day with their #2 pencils and their Dunkin Doughnuts coffee.
- The professor is wearing flip flops with her two-piece suit.
- She uses four-letter words when the computer won't work... and a few other times, too.
- And refers to "God" as a "she".
- There was no prayer to start class... but I always thought that was a little much.
- The building is freezing from AC & I still got eye fulls of flesh I would have rather not seen.
It was a great first week! I say that in complete honesty. And no, I am not at BYU-I anymore. But that is okay, it's preferable even. There are some splendidly nice people in my class & every professor I've met so far is a hoot. They've all smiled and said funny things and tried to make the wide-eyed, overwhelmed, 1st semester Nursing students feel comfortable and excited. (Except one, who glared at me when I saw her in the bathroom. Awkward.)
Mckay made it a great first day for me, complete with a heart-shaped love/back-to-school note taped on the door for me to find before I left for class. And when I came home that afternoon I was met by that handsome guy and pretty "happy first day of school" flowers.
I am excited to be in this nursing program, I feel so fortunate and blessed. I am a little book worm, already trying to stay ahead in my reading and notes and flash-cards. I am going to try to get through these next two years in the most organized and un-frenzied manner possible. The organized part is doable for me, it's the un-frenzied part that will take some major effort.
So here I go. It's the start of months of CLEW plans, heavy books, heavier reading, stethoscopes, gloves, gowns, brain overload, new material, new people, Greenwich hospital, drugs and dosage calculations, and I'm sure an entire plethora of other things I don't have the slightest clue about.

10 comments:
So excited for you! You are going to make an excellent nurse. =)
wow! good luck in school! you'll do great! :)
haha, dunkin doughnuts . . . yep you are in New England.
Sigh. I miss school. It was hard when I was in it but I miss my mind being challenged and tested. You are going to love it!
Good luck! I'm excited for your new adventure.
!!!! i feel it. i feel it soooo much. me &you are so on the same page. i love you. you're going to be the best nurse. let's see eachother soon... because we CAN. because we're THREE HOURS AWAY FROM EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!! woooooo! <3
Just yesterday I was thinking, "I wonder when Nicki starts school?" This post made me laugh! Why don't people want to wear clothes to cover themselves? Can't wait to hear about all of your school adventures!
Don't you love the bubble of a BYU school? Well, nurshing school sounds great! Good luck, Nicki!
Your post made me laugh and I just read it outloud to the sibs and Aunt Janice. McKay is thoughtful. He should be commended for that. Way to go McKay!!!
I won't lie, I'm slightly jealous! I miss Nursing school, I never thought I'd see the day that I'd say that! You're going to enjoy it, maybe not now but looking back!
Post a Comment