Back in the beginning of March we sold this baby. When we moved, we were so close to Mckay's work that a second car became more of a burden and expense than necessity. It sat in the parking lot for a few months & then we realized that it was time to part ways...
We sold to a dirty Polish guy, had we known how ridiculous & terrible this guy was, we would have sold to someone else. A much too long story short, this guy was parading himself as a "Polish, student, worker" who needed the car to get to school. When we told him we weren't going to budge on the price we got ear fulls-
"You not like my face?! My accent? My clothes?"
"You are the liar! You are mean!"
"Please, I am student, I need this car, I only have $700!"
{he clearly had the full amount in his hands}
Once we were finally settled on a price, and cash was handed over he kicked it into gear and proceeded to remove the plates & get the car up on the trailer before Mckay could even sign the papers.
Ya, a student my rear.
Then he insulted us (on my birthday even.) with foul language and ridiculous banter. It was too much. It left us both feeling yucky, but we're over it now.
& then there is the nostalgia-
At the end of our first date, we got into Mckay's car and after a while he asked me what I thought about it. I didn't think much of it, it was just a car... but then he told me that a girl (she who shall not be named) had told him that if he wants to attract the best girls, he should really invest in a nicer car, to show off what kind of guy he is.
Uhm, gag. I was so shocked & hardly understood that kind of reasoning. I told him I loved his old{er} car & that if he would have been driving a BMW from his rich Father I wouldn't have gone on a date with him, the old car was perfectly endearing.
So au revoir to the car that saw us through some really wonderful times.
So much mileage was put on this thing between Norwalk, CT {where he lived} & Dobbs Ferry, NY {where I lived}. It took us to DC and Boston and Virginia & Manhattan multiple times. We talked a lot, laughed a lot, kissed a whole lot, argued a little, and had some of the most wonderful heart-to-hearts in that little blue Altima.

8 comments:
Before you were in the picture, Mckay talked a lot about selling the car and getting a new one, to attract the girls, like you said.
Keeping that car was like mosquito repellent for all the not down to earth girls who manage to be everywhere nowadays. Who needs a girl who needs all the fancy new things that they can't live without?
I'm glad he kept it and found you!
Love you,
Lauren
Good-bye dear car. Your legacy lives on in our hearts.
That's awesome you live so close to McKay's work.
I totally understand your emotions. Thanks again for the fun read ;)
That girl. Wow. Clearly, she doesn't know what the best kind of girls are. Poor thing. She's quite confused. Stupid Polish guy, sheesh. And on your birthday. That's really frustrating.
Just exactly how much kissing???
What a crazy that man. KISSING!? Your mom?! The best. It's okay, all the kissing was after you were married, HUH.
lovessssss.
OHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, BTW- we should probably skype soon. Might have some exciting news to toss your way.
PS: loving your new banner. did you make it on picnic? i am soo sad picnic is closing. UGH.
also, i was the saddest, addest creature when we sold juturna. i wanted to keep her forever!
Wow - I can't believe the car is gone! I remember him wondering if he should get a new car....and as one who drives an old civic and puts little importance on the type of car a man drives.... I'm also glad he kept that car. It got the job done..and attracted the perfect girl for him. :)
Post a Comment