we partied in the city with Kenna girl.
1. Brunch for 3 -eggs benedict & tangerine/ginger tea at Alice's Tea Cup, a favorite of mine. Mckay was worried that he was the only man in the place. He may have been, were it not for the gay servers.
2,3,4. Central Park for people watching and sun soaking.
It was a perfect summer day.
5,6,7,8. Fulfilled Kenna's biggest NYC wish and spent 3 hours at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. She was in heaven (being quite the creative genuis that she is) & we loved it too!
Mckay: "How is this art? All you have to do is make a mess of paint. I could do this." He was quite the modern/contemporary art critic.
Kenna: laughing because she gets it.
Kenna: laughing because she gets it.
Need this one in my house!
4. Up to the roof top for a breathtaking view and City Cloud sculpture.
reflections.
9. Ended the day with shopping, a candy high from FAO Schwarz & a yellow taxi cab ride for the girl.
8 comments:
umm hi you are so pretty!!!! i think you've gotten prettier? probably so. i'm so glad kenna's crossing off her nyc list. cutie. maybe we should come visit? i think so. xoxo
I'm with Mckay....I don't understand how modern 'art' can be labelled as such. Van Gogh gets to call himself an artist because he made art, whereas most artists nowadays don't even come close.
Just as a side note, your blog is amazing.
Those were the exact words that came out of Joel's mouth too. He lost all respect for modern art when he saw the upside down urinal in the middle of the room. Did you guys catch a glimpse of that beauty?
I love these pictures! Makes me ache for the city.
Of few of these pictures made me think of Ferris Bueller! And made me smile.
I'm also with Mckay. I never did get modern art, because I think it goes along with the whole "tell your kids their the best at everything no matter what" philosophy. In fact, when you think about it, that must have been how modern art got its start - some mom told some kid his scribble on paper was "outstanding, genius, and he's a prodigy" now we have modern "art". Picasso was weird enough. But the pictures of you guys are very fun/cute.
What a sweet sister you are. I am in love with the color panels and want them in my home too.
I love that you get to spend the summer with your sister!! So fun!!
Just looking over this again. You and Kenna could be twins and if I weren't your mother, I'd have a hard time telling you apart. Cute pictures.
Post a Comment