Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Closing time

December is coming to a close. 2012 flew by, but the end has also been slow in coming... Here's what we've been up to this month, the last month of the year! (& the pictures are out of order and refuse to change)

Finished my last clinical day at the hospital! We celebrated with a "fancy" lunch at the "fancy" hospital cafe, it was delicious and the company was lovely. Just one more semester to go, and although this one was no walk in the park, I'm looking forward to getting my motivation up for the final four months that are around the corner. Getting close!

Annual night in the city to see the Christmas festivities! The tree is always so beautiful to me, and breathtaking when you get us close to it, it's just massive and so sparkly, what's not to love? 

Mckay's brother Jared came to town to celebrate his birthday and we got to hang out with him all weekend (we were supposed to go to the Killers concert, which ended up being canceled).  We had brunch at Sarabeth's, a "chick" place, but I think they both ended up really liking it. Jared liked it more than his face in this picture shows.

Our sweet neighbor baby Tillie (who we absolutely adore) came to play one night when her Mama needed to run an errand. Lucky me got to soak up her darling baby-ness for a few hours.

Birthday desserts for the birthday boy! Toasted marshmallow milkshakes -the best milkshake I've ever had in my life!

Mckay's flag football season ended, don't worry, I believe another one has already started up again.  They shall not go without.  I said, "give me a tough face".

We had dinner with our wonderful friends, the Francia's and laughed for two straight minutes at their baby stuck in this foam toy.  It was hilarious watching him try to escape. 

Stars changing colors to Christmas music at the Time Warner Center.

Red 

My milkshake from the birthday dinner. I kid you not when I say it was the milkshake of ALL milkshakes. Toasted marshmallows aren't even my favorite thing and I couldn't shovel this into my mouth fast enough. If that + our wonderful company isn't enough to get you to visit I don't even know what is.

3 comments:

Scott & Ashley said...

i want one of those milkshakes!!! it sounds so yummy especially if you love it so. WE'RE ALMOST DONE!!! 4 more months!! we can do it! so proud of us! mckay's brother looks SO amused in the pic of you two (not) haha! i know they secretly loved the "chick" place. i know i would have! that baby is seriously cute. and i love that bed spread. those lights!! why are christmas lights the BEST?!! they make me giddy and so happy. maybe next year we'll come and see them!!

Tiffany said...

mmmm...that toasted marshmallow milkshake is enough to make me come visit!!!

Liz Jensen said...

Wish I would have seen this post sooner and I would make sure that I drop Tillie off more.