He gave me a "card" he'd made that had a sweet birthday note on one side and on the other was our schedule for the day, with pictures for every activity he had planned (all of it was a total surprise to me!). I believe he made it on PowerPoint, which is so Mckay. It made me laugh.
After making and eating a yummy breakfast together, we got pedicures! It was awesome. Once all was said and done, he did not love it. He especially hated them filing his toes (that's what is going on in the above picture). He also had a lady doing his pedicure, which everyone knows is always second string to a man. But he wasn't letting a man near his feel, quite the conundrum! There were a few ladies there, I don't know what they were thinking, but they were staring. I loved it and thought it was so sweet of him to be a good sport. Plus, his toes look better than ever and he got to speak a little Korean with the employees. Later that week he had a dermatology appointment and said, "Do you think if she see's my feet she'll know I got a pedicure?" :]
After our pedicures we hopped in the car and drove into the city for lunch at one of my favorite places, La Bonne Soupe. It's this wonderful, cramped, authentic French place that has become pretty popular since we first went in 2010 (when everyone was speaking French & we couldn't read the menu). They have the best "onion soup" I've ever tasted. The food is delicious and the service is quick. We were too full for dessert after the soup, ham & swiss crepe (me) & lamb burger (him) and I was bummed because I wanted the chocolate tart... next time!
Once we were sufficiently stuffed, we saw a play! I love being able to see a Broadway every now & again. Chicago has been on my list for some time and after getting the green light from a friend, we went for it! I thought it was great and had really great music, and the girl who played Roxie was adorable! Mckay didn't love it like I did, but I didn't really expect him to.
The show ended and we raced back to Connecticut for sweet Tillie Rose's 1st birthday party. We absolutely adore that little lady & think her parents are pretty great too. We blew out birthday candles together and got to hang out with some of our favorite people.
It was a birthday that was practically perfect in every way!
12 comments:
I was laughing and loved this so much. Thank you for making me laugh &making heart feel like a gum drop. :) McKay's face is to die for. Were the pedicures &Broadway show his idea?! Now that I know him everything he does is just hilarious because I know he really is hilarious! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU SWEETEST GIRL EVER!!! You are the best. I love it when you go to the "city." You are so fancy. Have you ever seen TAZA there? I am the funniest; I know. You guys are probably best friends. McKay's face is the toe filing picture is oon the top of the list. It's too funny. He is sooo concerned. Tillie's little Mexican dress is THE CUTEST EVER. I miss you being around Jude. LOVESSSS!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <333 PS- Have you tried the Blurb yet? I am still too nervous. Soo intimidating when your like, 4 years behind in your blog-booking.
So glad you got spoiled on your bday, you totally deserve it! You two are such a great couple and I'm glad you like Chicago! Mama Mia is next on our list because of your great review.
What a great birthday!
happy birthday! sounds like you had a good one! when are you coming down for another visit?? :)
Happy birthday! I had to show Kell the part about McKay using PowerPoint because Kell does that just about every time he makes me something. So funny. Must be a guy thing :)
Happy Birthday Nick :) I loved reading your post. Sounds like you had a super fun day. What a good husband ;) Love you guys! Miss you guys! Xoxoxo
~ Kenners ;)
Mckay's face makes my tummy hurt. I can't decide if it tickles him or if it pains him. Then he had to suffer through Chicago too? Please tell me he had fun at Tillie's birthday party. She is so cute - how fun to share a birthday with her.
Aw. What a nice husband! You guys are so fun. And Chicago?! I wanna go! I'm so glad you had such a great b-day!
Also, I love that we have the same birth plan! And I find it so cool considering your education/medical background. Have you seen the Business of Being Born? It's kind of biased (what documentary isn't) but I thought it was really interesting...anyway it's on Netflix, you should check it out if you haven't yet! <3 u
Glad you could make the best of having your birthday on a Saturday! Glad to see McKay is game for anything on your birthday. May this be an awesome year for you!
what a sport for getting a pedicure with you!!! I do NOT think my husband would ever do that :) And that french restaurant sounds delish...oh and I LOVE Chicago! Pretty much a dream day, for me! What a fun birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)
THE CUTEST AND SWEETEST!!! So cute of Mckay to plan such a perfectly wonderful birthday day for you!!! That sounds like so much fun!! So thoughtful! I wish I could have joined in on the festivities.. another time :)
Post a Comment