Anyway- here's a quick recap on what has been going on over here these past 7 weeks since I last blogged.
Mckay's good friend Andy & his wife came and spent the last week of August with us. They've been friends forever and it was fun to see them reunited and having so much fun. Andy & Kaylynn went to the city during the week but the weekend they were here we packed in Atlantic City & Philadelphia IN ONE DAY. It was crazy. The guys went to open casting calls in Atlantic City for the Amazing Race and then "on the way home" we stopped in Philadelphia to see the sights. It was a very busy, but fun day. By the end I was pretty drained and when we went to get Philly Cheesesteaks for dinner (my first one!) I ordered from Pat's instead of Gino's and it was not as good as Mckay's (he ordered from Gino's). That turned me into a cranky, tired, pregnant lady. To add insult to injury, I spilled on my belly, which happens a lot. But it's great when you're not at home and you have to walk around looking like a slob; a cranky, tired, pregnant lady slob that is.
We got back to Darien on Friday night and Saturday Mckay had class until 5pm. At 8pm we drove six hours to Rochester, NY with Andy & Kaylynn to see the church history sites. It was my first time in the Sacred Grove & surrounding areas and it was lovely. Minus the mosquitoes that went to town on my legs. Then we went solo for a few days and drove up into Canada! That was awesome. We stayed on the 17th floor of a hotel right next to Niagara Falls & the views were amazing. Niagara has never been a place I've had any desire to go to, but it absolutely blew my mind. It was gorgeous and we spent so much time just staring that that incredible water and walking along the falls. Weather was perfect & I took about 1,000 pictures. We can't wait to go back (we're pretty sure in a few years our little buddy would love to ride on Maid of the Mist!).
Look at that water! It makes me want to jump in. A little.
We've spent many a night with our dear friends and their three baby girls watching BYU games. That has been really fun, as we miss having them next door. We love a little Jensen time! And Mckay just adores their oldest, Tillie. I swear if she only knew how much he loved her she could probably get him to do just about anything. One day he'll make a great Daddy to little girls!
On September 17th we celebrated our 3 year anniversary! We ate dinner at a delicious little restaurant, Match, in South Norwalk. It was a fantastic meal & a perfect night (except maybe the waiter who was a chatterbox, I'm glad we could share our special night with him... ahem.). Sitting across a table from Mckay with good food in between us generally makes me an extremely happy & content lady but this night- this night was just special. We talked about how fast 3 years have gone, but also about how it feels like we've known each other for 13. And all the while, I could feel our little guy squirming inside of me. It makes me teary-eyed to type this! Life has been so good to us. We couldn't be more blessed, and that intense love that I felt for him on our wedding day has only multiplied in the years since we've been married. I can't even imagine what adding our own little baby to the mix is going to do.
After dinner picture. Mmmm, I love him!
Just a few days after our anniversary we flew to Utah for a very quick, 3-day trip to catch up with family. While we were there we relaxed a little, but mostly drove all over to different family things and spent time with our favorite people. It was really great. My Mom threw me a wonderful baby shower and so many of my McAffee family came, as well as good friends from high school & college, neighbors and ward members. This is the picture we took at the end, of just some of the family members. It was fun to catch up, have people rub my belly (I really don't hate it, at all.), eat my Mom's amazing, delicious food & talk babies with everyone. While I was doing baby shower festivities, Mckay golfed with my Dad (27 holes in two days) and then ran down South to meet up with his brother for the BYU game. We were reunited on Sunday and said goodbye to the Craven clan over In N Out. I love this picture of my & my Dad, (although I wish my iPhone wouldn't have been on such a weird setting)-he's gonna be a good Grandpa soon!
That same Sunday was also sweet Delma Lou Dunn's 93rd birthday! Look at that happy smile! This is Mckay's grandma and we both love her so much. She is probably the sweetest soul I've ever met (really) and such a good woman. She sends out monthly, MONTHLY, newsletters to all of her children & grandchildren that have birthdays, anniversaries, announcements family business etc. & she always includes stories from her and her late husband's life together as well as her wishes for us to be good and choose the right. We love to visit her any chance we get. She's looks more like 83 & acts more like 53 & we were thrilled to spend some time with her on her birthday. (Oh, and that's Mckay's brother Jared, who always lets us crash at his house. We like him a lot too.)The weekend after we got home from Utah we spent two days in New Jersey (9/27-28) to watch SVU play football! It was almost uncomfortably warm but I was happy to soak up some vitamin D and Mckay was happy to get his yearly fill of Knight's football. He gave the pre-game speech, I wish I would have been there, but that was man time & it probably would have been weird for an 8-mo pregnant lady to be in the locker room with them. Look how content he is!
On October 12th we went Apple Picking! It's one of my very favorite New England autumn traditions. The men were probably mostly appeasing us, but they came along and smiled & even picked all the apples while the girls watched babies. The three of us (each holding a baby at most any given minute) were quite a spectacle & drew a lot of comments, especially when we would explain that the twin babies were Lizzy's and I would shift baby Clara to reveal my own baby arriving in a few weeks! It was great. Tillie & the husbands picked us some yummy apples, we ate crepes and apple cider doughnuts, watched Tillie play in the corn pit, and held babies in the glorious autumn sunshine.
(10/18-20) Next thing I know, at 35 weeks pregnant, I'm on a plane to Houston to see the Dunn side of the family! I was really nervous, and almost backed out because I didn't want to risk having my baby in TX. But I am so glad I went because we had a blast. We caught a BYU game (so convenient when these family trips always seem to align perfectly with BYU's playing schedule, right?!) and tailgated with a bunch of the family for a few hours before. That was fun and yummy. BYU won & it really was an amazing game. (Mckay with two of our nieces, Savannah & Alyssa, dancing to the Biebs at our tailgate, complete with RV.)
Besides the football game, we got to spend some wonderful time with Mckay's sister, her husband & their 4 daughters who let us stay at their house, my wonderful sisters in-law threw me a sweet little baby shower, we met two nieces and nephew we'd never met before, we enjoyed a Dunn family Sunday dinner together, we ate too much food, Mckay hung out with his nephews that he doesn't see enough & then we were headed back to CT early Monday morning (thankfully baby stayed in my belly)!
We got home & I declare we've hit our travel limit for the year so now we occupy our time with getting ready for baby! Lots to buy & set up... like the crib! What a milestone, to set up a crib for your first child. It was fun & sweet and after it was all set up we kind of just stared at it in awe and held each other for a little bit. My huge belly is constant reminder (like we need one) of this baby boy, but imaging him in his crib is just wild & wonderful to us!
IKEA for a few items for the nursery... where my 31 year old husband reverts to a 7, 17, 27 year old (I don't think the child side of him ever really went away!). He makes me laugh... & we love Ikea.
We installed the carseat last weekend!!! Not as easy as it looks, but after a few read-throughs of the directions and pulling & tugging on the base to try and figure out if it was actually stable (?) we have a regulation carseat ready to go! Although we still want someone to check it for us and make sure we did it right...
(11/3) Last Sunday of teaching our sweet primary class! This is missing two kids! They've been a challenge over the last two years but they make us laugh every Sunday and we love them! This last Sunday (I wore a long black dress to church with a skinny gold belt over my belly) one of the boys said to me, "Your belly is so big you can barely even see your belt!" haha! I will certainly miss these kiddos! And I'm also thankful for a break:)
And lastly, Mckay took this picture of me at my last appointment. I'm a few days shy of 38 weeks here! That is one huge belly! As far as the whole pregnancy thing is going- it's been great! I've felt good and slept well and really don't have any complaints. I'm starting to notice some "practice-labor" stuff- surges (as they're called in Hypnobirthing), some sciatica and other nerve pain, pubic symphasis irritation (to put it mildly), lightening (he's dropped!), all that good stuff. It just gets me excited for meeting our baby! The countdown is really on... 14 days until the EDD!
I have a constant to-do list going, but this morning I packed our birth center bag & we have now hit the any-day-now part of waiting. Although I'm beside myself with excitement to meet him, I'm not going crazy yet. We want him to come when he is ready (although 11-12-13 WOULD be such a cool birthday!) & I want us to enjoy these last few days or weeks of it being just the two of us.
Signing off with my last post (likely) before I become Mommy Nicki!
XO

















9 comments:
yay soon the be mommy!! I LOVED Niagara Falls, it's so beautiful. When we went there on family vacay I was so ornery because I did not want to go. The year before we went to the Grand Canyon and I pretty much hated it so I thought I would have a similar reaction to another natural wonder. but Niagara was awesome (that was a long story!) also, did you really call a football game "amazing"?! I'm proud of you!! haha. Good to see you when you were in Utah and good luck with baby!
Loved reading this post! So sweet. :)
You look so cute! I can't believe your baby is almost here. So exciting!!
Ok I have too many things to say. Love this. I can't wait to see your nursery. I wish we were still neighbors. Tillie adores McKay too. And I miss you even when I just saw you this weekend. I'll stop there. Oh and I owe you shower pictures, you need to post about that!!
Wow you have been a busy mama. That last picture of you is amazing. Such a cute belly bump. Those last few weeks/days before the baby are so emotional and filled with so much anticipation! I'm so excited for you!!!
your last post before becoming a mommy!! How cool is that! That last pic of you at your appt is the cutest prego pic I've ever seen! And your belly is NOT huge! its perfect! I love it! I think mine is bigger than yours and I still have 10 more weeks to go!
Anyways, good luck with the baby coming!! I'm so excited for you, you will be such a great mommy! Can't wait to see pics and hear the birth story! :)
I loved this post and am so glad I got to see what two of my favorite people have been up to. YOu look so great and I'm glad you're getting closer to feeling kind of ready. :) I want to see your stairs!! Did they turn out great? That is fantastic that the upstairs in going to work for the nursery in that apartment. You two are awesome and I can't wait to hear the good news! Yay for baby boy Dunn!!!
I wish this were facebook so I could comment below each picture. Instead I'll just say that I loved this post. And do you like Hypnobirthing?! I want to hear all about it. I heard it's a little different from Hypnobabies, not sure what those differences are though. Let me know how it works for you! And are you going to a midwife birth center?! Do tell!
You are too cute of a pregnant lady! And CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just saw your mom's announcement that you had your precious little baby boy. Enjoy these once-in-a-lifetime moments. The newborn babymoon is the best! I can't wait to hear your story.
Post a Comment