He will be 7 weeks old on Thursday and I am just astonished. The time flies by- although there have been some excruciatingly long nights. We are finally settling into a "routine" (used so loosely it's probably the wrong word) that works for us. He naps for a few solid hours 2 or 3 times a day and we're working on getting some longer stretches of sleep at night. This week he started really smiling and getting excited to see us. It is the sweetest thing and it absolutely melts my heart to see him wave his little arms and give me a big open mouthed grin as he tries to let a "coo" out.
To remember-
He smiled for the first time when he was 4.5 weeks old, first for Mommy & then about 5 minutes later for Daddy one morning in our bedroom when Mckay was getting ready for work.
He has THE CUTEST little frowny face. I need to get it on camera, although part of it makes me sad, most of it just makes me happy because it's so stinking sweet.
His "maaaa" cry, he always does it with his frowny face (above). Hard to explain, but it's this whimper he does, not a strong cry, just a little one. Every time he does it I imagine him communicating something like, "Mom, I'm feeling sad!"
When he's hungry and I sit down to feed him, the minute I put the burp rag under his chin--before I even have the bottle near his mouth-- he starts smacking his little lips open & closed. It's hilarious.
He really enjoys baths, but screams like crazy when we take him out & he gets cold.
When he falls asleep he purrs, there really isn't a better word to describe it. It's just this content sounding purr that he does.
When he was a newborn he slept with his arms up by his head. He doesn't do that anymore because he startles so easily, but it was so sweet while it lasted.
His eyelashes would make any girl jealous.
His fingernails grown like weeds, it's the bane of my existence to try and keep them short.
We love our little Deacy-boo!






5 comments:
aw! so cute! :)
1st-beautiful pictures! I love them! 2nd-It's so unfair when baby's have beautiful, long lashes. 3rd-cutting baby fingernails is seriously awful. Why do they even HAVE fingernails as babies? So frustrating!
sweetest pictures!!! he is precious!
So cute! And you are just so pretty :-) After I read your comment I fixed my blog... She said the epidural thing as a joke. Some joke! Anyways, I also LOVED your birth story because it really reminded me of mine! Having a midwife and a natural birth is such a wonderful experience. (Hard, but wonderful!)And when I read it I was still jacked up on hormones so I cried... like a lot. It was embarrassing. I hope to see you again some time!!
Gorgeous pictures! Love that little Deacon.
Post a Comment