Mckay's brother Jared was in Boston this weekend for some conferences so we took a fun little road trip to spend a few days with him.
This is what we did:
Saturday afternoon we drove the three hours to Boston. I got so sad when we missed the "Welcome to Massachusetts" sign, darn. We arrived at our hotel at 5:30pm and met up with Jared {i was nervous, but he wasn't so scary}. After everything was settled we walked The Boston Freedom Trail for a few hours and saw a plethora of awesome historical sites-
Old graveyards, statue of George Washington in a pretty park, Samuel Adams' grave, The Old South Meeting House {where Samuel Adams gave the signal that started the Boston Tea Party}, Feneuil Hall and the North & South Markets and the site of the Boston Massacre.
Then we had dinner at a yummy Italian restaurant on the North side of Boston.
After all of the walking we were beat-we made it back to the hotel, ate some pastries, and went to bed.
The next morning Jared was off early for more lectures & we got to sleep in. I called my Mom and Grandmas to wish them a happy mother's day, lots of love in my heart for each one of them. We finally got out the door and bought trolley passes to finish our tour of Boston. Mckay went shopping with me on Newbury St. {it's love} and we bought fresh fruit for breakfast at a fruit stand. My favorite part of our trip was the Battle of Bunker Hill Monument. It was built between 1827-1843 and we climbed all 294 steps to the top! My legs were jello after that, but the view was lovely and so worth it.
We consumed a frillion calories between the three of us from Mike's Pastry; cannolis, Boston cream pies, cream puffs, chocolate and pb cups, and other disgustingly deliciously rich treats.
We saw Samuel Adams' house, the oldest preserved house in Boston. We drove through Cambridge and over the Longfellow Bridge. And last on the agenda was the Red Sox/Yankees game at Fenway Park. In the freezing cold. Which meant lots of snuggling, even more unnecessary food consumption {steaming clam chowder, hot dogs, hamburgers, pretzels & diet coke}, an overpriced $50.00 sweatshirt to keep warm, and leaving during the 6th inning because we couldn't take the cold.
After the game we said goodbye to Jared and had a very late drive home Sunday evening.
It was a super fun, albeit short, road trip! Boston is such a cool place with tons of history, I would love go back for a longer stay.



8 comments:
How fun!!! You two are so cute! I feel like you are married.
What fun n trip. We are going to Boston for the first time this coming October. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the preview!
Where's the pics Nic! We are sure going to miss you this weekend.
Oh I'm jealous! We were there about this time last year and I LOVED it. Such a cool place!
Cute pictures! Looks like a fun trip.
Yea, this is what I was waiting for! Loved the quick tour of Boston. It is a place I'd love to see. Maybe I can come and get you and we can go again. I'm thinking those pastries are to die for. Why didn't we get pastries in New York? We ate everything else there, why not pastries?
I've always wanted a tour of boston-thanks! cute pictures!! :) I'm so glad that you had fun on your trip!
Post a Comment