Thursday, August 19, 2010

"marry mckay"

& we're off to Texas.
Announcements were mailed this week, thanks to my wonderful Mom.
The new nanny came on Monday, she's nice.
On Saturday I had the most wonderful and perfect "bridal tea"
-courtesy of my dear friend April.
Picture this: china and tea and a 100 year old house as a back drop, sweet friends and presents and delicious food and a chocolate cake & even coconut M&M's. The tables were decorated with scrabble pieces and we drank out of mini glass tea cups. Like I said, perfection.
(I'll post some pictures of that later).

Before I go, one more picture and a story:
One frigid February day I was in the city with Alli.  On our way back to Grand Central we stumbled upon this wishing wall of sorts.  It had entries from people all over the world and their wishes/goals/dreams.  You just walk up to it, wait your turn, and then type in your name, where you are from, and your wish.  It gave me nervous butterflies to write this & I was self conscious that somehow Mckay would see it and think I was crazy! But I did it (probably with a little encouragement from Alli) because it was the only thing I could think about standing in front of that wall. Alli was smart & snapped a picture before it was added to the hundreds of other wishes on the screen and eventually disappeared.

This is one of my favorite pictures, it makes me smile and then it makes me feel very grateful.

13 comments:

Bj said...

Your announcements are darling! You two are just cute together!

Ashley said...

too cute. can't wait to get the announcement!!!!!!! wooooot!! <3

bishopfamily said...

I got your announcement, it is so stinking cute! You guys make the cutest couple. I am so happy for you!

Allison Fife said...

cute :)

Bonnie said...

This is so darn cute and your wish is coming true. Where is that place!!!

Lizzie said...

Where did you get that amazing graphic of the Utah & texas states?? I need that, I might have to copy you!!

Caroline Craven said...

Why didn't we go there when I was in New York. My wish probably would have looked something like this: More $$$.

Stephanie said...

So cute Nicki!!!

Unknown said...

I want to go make a wish! I would wish for my elephant dream to come true. Or something else. I love this so much. Fantasy and technology combine on the streets of NY

Ashley said...

So fun...

I want to make a wish :)

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

K!! I feel so out of the loop!! Today was the first day I had internet AND time to catch up on everyone's blogs from this summer! You're totally getting married!! I am SO happy for you!!! Ahhhh!!! You guys are so cute by the way!!! :)

Christine said...

Oh...the hat he got you on our trip! It looks so good on you! Cute picture.

Shey said...

This is a precious picture. What a treasure, that is SO cute!