Wednesday, August 25, 2010

week four.

I went to Texas to meet the family I'm marrying into & am really happy they are so wonderful. 
I survived the unmatched heat and humidity of Houston in August and even {kind of} happily watched three hours of football in it.
I did take my camera but did not take a single picture, grrr.
I will get ten darling nieces & nephews when we get married.
I met Mckay's high school girlfriend at his 10 year high school reunion we attended. Special huh?
I am sick of being engaged, living in my horrible "packing up" room, and searching for new jobs.
I would love to be able to be putting our new apartment together, but tenant boy is still there.
I am excited to be going home a week from Friday!
I am elated to be getting married three weeks from Friday!
I need to find a veil to wear in some photos (general consensus from friends and family).
I want a hot, homemade oatmeal raisin cookie right now-but will not go make a batch.
I wish furnishing a little love nest didn't cost money.
I was at the library the other day and picked up a baby names book, I literally read it for an hour.
I think I'll like naming babies.
I feel a little stressed at having a only a week left out here and a big long to-do list glaring at me.

{Two of Mckay's good friends, Kevin and Joe also came for the reunion with their lovely wives Danica and Cherise.  It was good to finally meet them and their cute kiddos. Photo courtesy of Cherise}


{I think this is the veil I'm looking for. Short and cute and sassy...}

9 comments:

RACHAEL said...

you are so great. i am so ecstatic to see what a beautiful bride you will be... wow! [just thinking about it]

did you know where mckay's family lives is only a ten hour drive away from us? [i google mapped it] kind of exciting.

don't be sick of being engaged! you will be engaged once in your life, only for a few short months, so just enjoy it! take in &love every moment of it.

i have to say i'm a little disappointed that you didn't take any more pictures!!! come on snicki!!

the heat/humidity is pretty gross huh? i'm sorry you were subjected to it. i don't go outside in the daytime.

your darling&i love you.

Caroline Craven said...

I'm excited that you like McKay's family. I'm excited that you will be home in just one week. I am excited that you are looking at names in baby books. I am even more excited that you are admitting it publicly!!! Just remember our conversation and remember that it is only my opinion and you and McKay are free to do as you please - after September 17th, of course;)

Caroline Craven said...

P.S. Love the short veil. I will go a searching tomorrow!

Taunya Spaulding said...

that's great that you got along with his family so well. old girlfriend, huh? AWKWARD!!!! as for the veil..you can totally borrow mine if you'd like. it's plain and simple-a little longer than normal, i don't think it has any sparkles or anything but you're welcome to look at it and borrow it if you need to! just let me know! good luck with the next 4 weeks! yay!

Shey said...

I love baby names too. very much. I loved this post, they are always so fun to read. Good luck with all the last minute stuff. Congrats on meeting the x girlfriend. Hahaha! I laughed!

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

It was great meeting you and I am excited to have a new sister-in-law! You and McKay make a cute couple...you were glowing last weekend.

Stacie Anderson said...

You are so classy. I'm excited to see you in a few weeks. Your announcement is on my magnet board in my tiny little room. I love it. College is fantastic. I miss you though!

Ashley said...

so perfect. i want to hear all about texas! i love you. baby names=me always on the search for a perfect one (violet.. henry) i love youuu!!! beautiful mrs dunn!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are darling and i like baby names too. The ex-girlfriend, huh? I always hated meeting my husband's exes not knowing what "things" they could have done together. But, the past is the past I guess and I shouldn't let it bother me anymore. Atleast your man kept his fun times to just one other woman.