Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Southern Virginia University

Last weekend we took a little road trip.  We left Thursday night and drove 8 hours down to Buena Vista, VA to visit Southern Virginia University for the big homecoming game.  Quite the deal.  Mckay was really excited, and I admitted on the way down that I was not as excited as he to watch the game, but happy to be going with him.  We got to the school and ran into a few people that Mckay knew, we overheard some type of "devotional" and they were cheering "SVU! SVU!" which just amused me to no end, seeing as how I am the least school-spirited girl ever.  They love their school so much.


We stayed with Taylor (Mckay's brother who is going to school there) and his wife Lauren Thursday night.  Friday Mckay played in a golf tournament and I spent the day with Lauren and we got to know each other a little better.  Friday night we had dinner with one of Mckay's old football coaches and his family.  They were super nice and Jill (wife) gave me the recipe for the most delicious dessert.  I believe Mckay's words were, "YES! I love being married because now I have someone to make {looks across the table at my face}... someone I can make dessert with!" YA.


Saturday was the homecoming game.  I ended up asking for a green SVU shirt to become one with the obsessive football/school spirit.  I know.  We watched the game and thankfully they won.  I actually quite enjoyed myself (so much so that we're headed Delaware to another game this weekend... oh my life!).  After the game we went out to dinner with Coach Fitz and our good friends Ben and Holly. 


It was a great weekend; even though the whole time Mckay was trying to convince me to move to the tiny town-population 6,000.  We'll have to find a happy medium one day.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

THE BEST!!! the dessert comment is the best. you are SUCH the football wife!!!! who knew? the funniest <3

Lisa said...

Nate and I's first year of marriage was all about running to and fro from one grand adventure to another. Enjoy it.

Caroline Craven said...

At least he's not dragging you to HIGH SCHOOL games. People do that around here all the time. Besides, its kind of cool that he's still a celeb down there, isn't it???

Taunya Spaulding said...

fun, fun! what a long road trip though! :)

RACHAEL said...

you are so sweet. don't you love to look at your life and think... how did i end up here? ME?!! you are a football girl now. it's okay, me too. :]

that comment is so hilarious. he knows... YA.

<3<3<3<3<3<3

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun as newly weds! Isn't it the best. You look gorgeous as always but you are glowing. So glad you are happy!