The original plan was for me to go as Kelly Dodson (his sister) but that didn't end up happening. After I put his make-up on I did my own, put on my pink tee and belt, and just felt stupid and weird. We didn't have any wig for me so I just looked like an oompa loompa. Last minute (like we should have been at the party by this time) I threw on my costume from Mckay's 28th birthday party {this} and we flew out the door to a couples Halloween party as Antoine Dodson and some funny 70's house wife. Whatever.
Mckay won most original Halloween costume.
And then he performed the Antoine routine for everyone. Oh how I wish I could post a video of that. I was crying. It was probably the most hilarious thing I've ever seen him do. (Second only to his dance to "Toxic" by Brittney Spears later that night on the Wii, wish I had a video of that too.)
He really wanted to pass out candy this year, so on Sunday we sat on our balcony in the freezing cold waiting & waiting for the kids who never came. Mckay was so disappointed, he'd even made sure we had the "good candy".
He kept saying things like, "Doesn't Glenbrook Road sound like a good road to trick-or-treat on?" and, "Maybe people around here never give out candy so the kids don't come...". Finally, deflated and shivering and sick from candy, we retreated inside.
Our friends came over shortly after and we watched The Nightmare Before Christmas, which I had never seen before. Mmehhhh, the boogie man creeped me out & I felt bad for Sandy Clause.
Now that Halloween is over, I seriously cannot believe it's November. We're excited for Thanksgiving, even though neither of us especially like Thanksgiving food... & after that CHRISTMAS!!! I may have listened to one Christmas song in my car the other day (Joy to the World) even though I have a strict (eeehhh) after Thanksgiving policy. I couldn't help it.
Now that Halloween is over, I seriously cannot believe it's November. We're excited for Thanksgiving, even though neither of us especially like Thanksgiving food... & after that CHRISTMAS!!! I may have listened to one Christmas song in my car the other day (Joy to the World) even though I have a strict (eeehhh) after Thanksgiving policy. I couldn't help it.

10 comments:
WHOA!!! That doesn't even look like him!! :) that's too funny!
I didn't recognize him. Very original and very cool.
The costume is HILARIOUS! I seriously wish we could have seen him sing the song too. How funny!!
Love it!! I think Megan actually got a video on her phone of McKay and Seth (I think it was seth) doing the Toxic dance :)
Nicki, didn't you hear? the REAL thanksgiving is in october, so anytime after halloween, christmas things are totally acceptable
That was quite the costume. I wish you had gotten some kiddies to come to your house trick-or-treating. This year we were the "lamest" house in the neighborhood, as I passed out small bags of pretzels rather than candy, and ran out of that before Gia and Cory's kids got here or before Madson's grandkids got here. Lame!!!
1. HAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. i love that you just decided to be antoine and 70's house wife. the funniest and so you.
3. mckay's remarks about the trick-or-treaters?!! the sweetest.
4. no worries, i've been making scott listen to christmas music pretty much when october hit. HA!
5. i love you and your the best.
6. i wish i could see mckay's impression/toxic dance.
:)
That picture made me laugh and laugh and laugh! So funny!
o my heck that is seriously SO FUNNY! i love it! at first i was like "wow, i thought i clicked on nicki's blog..." haha it doesn't even look like mckay! haha i'm still laughing!
Sounds fun! I have to admit I've been listening to Christmas music on a daily basis since Nov. 1st. It never feels like Christmas here in Vegas so I start early. Love ya!
Post a Comment