The other morning I woke up and was looking at it through our bedroom door and thinking to myself, "I love that chair! It looks so good at that white desk, a perfect splash of color." It was serious love I was feeling. I got myself out of bed, kissed Mckay good-bye, sat on the chair and CRASH. It collapsed. Mckay came running back into the house per my screaming. The pain was definitely a mix of my ankle being smashed under my own weight and my heart being smashed. I was totally bummed. The end of my chair. Now we have a boring, white one (from the kitchen set you see) with no splash of color and it's just a little sad to me.
He hurt his hand in basketball last week. Doesn't that look nasty? It's okay though, because he likes bruises. They make him "feel like a man"... (anyone???) He plays basketball all year round, sometimes I go watch his games, this last one was a doosey. I love when I decide to go watch, I'm always so impressed with his skill and it makes me have a serious school girl crush on him.
Lastly (and bestly), we've had enough! The snow just keeps coming. They say we've had more snow so far this winter than all of last winter combined. We both feel the same way about that, completely disgusted. Hear about those East Coast storms in the news lately (my Mom has), that's us. Seems like every week or so we just get dumped on. So, on Sunday we decided we're getting away. We're leaving for a Southern Caribbean cruise on Friday and won't be back until February. Extreme conditions (remember how I lived in Rexburg for two winters? I've already become a wimp) call for serious spontaneity.
(yes, that is my scarf he is wearing. i made him)
8 comments:
That is seriously a sad story about your chair! Mckay's hand looks like it hurts. I am so jealous of your spontaneity. I need a cruise (or some other form of getaway) BIG time :) Lucky!
Sorry to hear about your chair! I have to somewhat agree with McKay, love love love bruises and they makes me feel tough (not necessarily manly though). We LOVE cruises! Have fun :)
sorry to hear about the chair. and that bruise looks disgusting!! :) i hear ya on the snow! go away!!!
So, that is sad about the chair - a partial fix would be to go out and buy a super cute pad for that boring white thing. That bruise looks nasty, you need some St. John's Wort carrier oil and lavender for that. Jealous as all get out over the cruise. Have fun and soak up as much sun as possible, it's good for you, I don't care what anyone says. Although I don't want you to burn (because that isn't good for you) go easy on those chemical sunscreens. Try to find one with all natural ingredients and physical sun blocks such as titanium dioxide rather than the chemical ones.
We've been considering a cruise too. You've motivated us to think more seriously about it! And I'm so sorry about your chair. Not only did you the chair look good, but you invested yourself into it :( You've always had such great chairs! Your cute little broken chair and your comfy rocking chair!
that chair :(
poor chair. poor mckays hand. poor cold winter bodies (yours). seriously SO jealous of the Caribbean. love youuu <3
A cruise is in order after you being sick on the honeymoon! Funness! I'm so sorry about your chair. I know that sick, so sad feeling.
Post a Comment