Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Silly thoughts that I could probably keep to myself-

I took a new job. I work fifty hours a week now. It's a little overwhelming, but it will keep me busy while Mckay studies his life away for the CFA. Plus one of the babies that I take care of is only 3 months old. Darling and sweet and beautiful all wrapped up in a tiny pink blanket!

We were so excited for Super Bowl Sunday. Then I got sick. I had to leave church early, which meant I didn't get to go to the party (Mom's rule). Mckay had to go watch the game without me, and much to his dismay, missed out on the awesome treats I was planning on making for him. I went to bed early and woke up to a note on the mirror with a PS that said, "THE PACKERS WON!” phew.

Ibuprofen is the most wonderful thing on the planet. I worked 12 hours on Monday and Tuesday and was able to keep upright the entire time thanks to recommended dosages of the miracle drug.

I came home last night, tired and not feeling well, to a perfectly made bed & sparkling kitchen... chores have been neglected since I fell ill. Such a sweet guy I'm married to.

I am the Beehive advisor (teacher) now. I cannot believe it.  I swear I was just barely 13 years old & chanting “once a Beehive, always a Beehive” with Alysha Kibble. Wow, we actually said that… what does it even mean?

I (and he) love our apartment so much; it is my favorite place in the world. Minus the fact that the hardwood floors are "unfinished" (I don't know if there ever was a finish, if at one point there was, it has disappeared) and I keep getting splinters in my tootsies. Uhg, I don't want to have to go downstairs and talk to our landlords. The cat smell offends my nose.

I had a dream on Sunday night that my two front teeth came loose (I was fighting a girl and my fingernail hit my tooth. Yes, that is what was happening in my dream.) and were only attached by little strings. I was at a party and I'd have to stuff them back into my jaw and then go and talk to people, but they kept coming loose and dangling over my lip, it was just so frustrating. Someone told me to just pull them out and I was mortified, I was looking for super glue or a dentist and couldn't find either.  I have crazy dreams like that on a nightly basis. 

Mckay really wants an iPhone and I really want an iPad.

Mckay and I watched The Bachelor last night.  It was the best.  I loved watching it with him!!!  He was so funny and into it.  He kept pausing it to point things out or laugh at the girls.  He hates Michelle, SO MUCH.  Alli's date was so awkward, I was cringing the entire time, the sinking table was an apt metaphor for their relationship.  I was sure Britt was going home but Jackie getting the boot wasn't a disappointment.  I'm thinking in the end it may come down to Michelle and Chantel.  I love Shawntell and Emily but they're too good for him.

The sun is finally out and I am so thrilled.  We have mounds and mounds of snow and I need it gone.  I hate when the snow drifts that line the roads turn black.  It makes me feel like I live in such the ugly, polluted world.  At least the lovely blue sky is out today, blue skies make me feel like the world is in harmony. 

8 comments:

RACHAEL said...

where do i even begin?
i thoroughly&whole-heartedly enjoyed every syllabus of this post. you are a little too hilarious ("the cat smell offends my nose") that was our church rule too. it only seems right. i love ibuprofen. it's glady and busily working away in my system this very instant. i had the bachelor all pulled up to watch this morning around 5 am, but instead i read my grandpa's autobiography. I LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Yeah, never keep any of this stuff to yourself. I love it. I love hearing about a new calling, I love hearing about your husband because i probably stalk him to try to know him better. I have irrational fears about dental injuries so i am also mortified about your dream. It would be a nightmare to me. I also want an ipad. So please post these thoughts ALWAYs

Linzvor said...

50 hr weeks! And Beehives! You go girl! And Trevor watched the Bach w/ me last night too. So funny.

Miss you. Hope you feel better!

Bj said...

I HEART your blog. Glad married life is treating you good and thanks for sharing your cute thoughts:)

Shey said...

Cute! I love that you are the advisor and I'm so glad your apartment is your favorite place. :) So cute.

Caroline Craven said...

I laughed at the mental picture that formed in my head as I imagined your front teeth dangling out of your mouth. Something like "mater" keeps coming to mind. Hilarious. Wonder what the significance of that dream means. What do you feel insecure or exposed about???

Ashley said...

There you go again making me burst out loud in laughter!

First things first: Bachelor business- You really like Shawntell? She's ok but something about her bugs me so I don't see Brad picking her. I think it will be between Chantel and Michelle. I really like Chantel though. Allie's date was awkward huh. Ok, I could go on forever about this.

I'm sorry you've been sick. Not fun at all.

Congrats on your calling. I'm surprised they didn't stick you in nursery like all other newlyweds or young moms with little kids :)

Go Packers!!

I have to agree with your mom. The mental picture of your dream is hilarious!

Thanks for the giggles.

Alysha said...

haha Nicki that is too funny. Remember how we couldn't even control our laughter during the prayer?? Silly girls.