Friday, April 15, 2011

Jump for joy! (finally)


On Wednesday I left the house to pick up Mckay for a mid-week lunch date & I grabbed the mail before hopping into the car.  I was so surprised to see a skinny, little letter that I'd been expecting in May. 
"It can't be"... I opened it and it was!  Ready for the big news???

I AM OFFICIALLY A NURSING STUDENT!
come fall semester anyway...

I was a hazard to those around me as I read the details while driving down the highway (exaggeration).  There was shrieking, fist pumping, a little shout of joy and maybe even a few tears of relief welling up in my eyes.  I couldn't wait to tell Mckay.

I picked him up and we went to the restaurant.  I waited until we were seated with our food before I casually mentioned the "interesting letter we got in the mail today" and slid it across the table to him.  He glanced at it and his face lit up with the biggest smile.  He said, "Come over here and sit by me!".  We had another mini-celebration & he kept telling me how smart and great I am (stop it some more!) and then we enjoyed our delicious bread bowls. 
It feels so good to have a timeline that goes with my plan of 3 years, no more goal/wish/dream/hope... it's actually a plan!  I'm so excited to finally be a student again.  I love the feeling of being on a path.  So much.  I am going home for a visit in May and can't wait to dig my stethoscope and old scrubs out of my boxes!!!

Wednesday was my favorite day this week.

with love,
nurse (to be) nicki.

21 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

wow!! congrats! that's awesome!

Unknown said...

Shut the Front Door! I didn't even know you had applied! Congrats! That is sooo awesome! I am so happy for you! =) Way to go!

Linzvor said...

NICKI! BEST NEWS! Maybe I missed it - what school will you be attending? YAY!

Megan and Braden Edwards said...

CONGRATS!!!! You are great nicki, I'm so excited for you

Shey said...

YAY! That's so exciting! Congrats girl! It's your dream come true!

Ashley said...

GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! i knew it. i knew you'd get in. you really are sooooo intelligent. i've always thought so/wished i was that way too. love youuu!!

bishopfamily said...

Congrats Nicki, that is so so exciting! You'll love it! Hardest time of my life, but so worth it!!

Sara Bosler Castro said...

Congrats! Couldn't help but remember those good ol' days as CNAs while I was reading this. I've had to postpone Nursing school to finish a degree before Joel and I move out of Utah, so I know the feeling of hopes/dreams wanting to turn into actual plans of becoming a nurse! I'm so happy for you! This is awesome. Where will you be going to nursing school?

Bj said...

yay yaya yay! You will be the best/sweetest/cutest nurse ever!

Caroline Craven said...

Big, happy, relieved smiles all around here! I knew you would do it. By the way, love the shirt you have on. Very cute.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! Which school will you be going to?

Lizzy said...

Congrats Nikki!! So happy for you!!

Allison Fife said...

congrats times a thousand! best news ever. maybe by the time you're a nurse i'll actually graduate from college? nah...haha :)

Bonnie said...

Nicki, this is just great. You are living a charmed life. Yay!

Stacie Anderson said...

Congrats Nicki! I'm so excited for you. And I love your shirt. You are just the best.

Ashley said...

Woot woot! I love your shirt too ;)

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

Oh you will be such a cute nurse! I am so happy for you!

Karissa said...

Congrats!! This is so exciting.. and I'll go ahead and say, I love your shirt as well :)

Lisa said...

I don't know how to reach you. It has always been hard for me to know how to respond to questions on my blog. Photography. I read a lot of books. Still do. I have a really cheap camera, but it does take pictures in RAW, which is essential. I processes all the pics in Camera RAW, a program made by photoshop. Basically, taking a picture in raw, is taking a plain colorless pic. Then you put the color back in. If that makes sense? Thanks, I am glad you like my pictures. I still have a long way to go but I do love taking pictures.

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Congrats Nic! I started on that path and strayed but I'm so excited for you. I too enjoy feeling like I'm working towards something. Good luck and have fun. Hopefully we will be able to see you in May.

Joel and Chantell said...

Congrats girl! That is way exciting! I'm so glad you posted on my blog so I could come peek at yours. It's so cute and you are DARLING! So happy for you, it looks like things are going amazing! :)