Wednesday, April 27, 2011

BRANCHES


My desk was looking empty and I wanted to zoosh it up.  So I ran outside, in the dark (Mckay was at basketball and I was left to my own devices), and twisted some branches off of our trees.  When I first got them, they didn't have blooms on them, but after a week in a vase with water, they look gorgeous!  I read that you should take a hammer to the base of the branch, so that it will suck up lots of water and bloom, but I did such a number with the pliers that I felt it unnecessary.  I just love the organic, natural look- and it's easy and cheap! You should try it... if you want. 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

love this!!! so beautiful. didn't you just have a different post? i wanted to read it and now its gone... :( i love you!!!!!!!!!!!

Caroline Craven said...

Those are so beautiful. I love the black branches against the whitish walls. Very nice.

Ashley said...

They are so beautiful and very appropriate for spring . Love it!