Wednesday, June 29, 2011

24601

Anyone who knows me knows it is an absolute dream of mine to see Les Mis in the Queen's Theatre in London, and a few weeks ago I was able to do just that!  We decided a few months ago to go to England in the summer and the Les Mis tickets were my thoughtful husband's idea, love him.  June 16th we flew the 6 hours to London and arrived the next day, Friday June 17th.  We got out of the airport and made it to our hotel, crashed for a few hours, and then headed to the theatre.
 A yummy Italian dinner first to quiet our angry stomachs.  The tickets!  I was so excited- literally  giddy with anticipation.
 Waiting for the show to start, the theatre was absolutely breathtaking.  It was really small but so regal and beautiful.

 A generous hobo charged us 1 pound to take this picture, but I'm glad we have it.
 Ceiling/Chandelier.
The night was everything I hoped it would be... and more.  Cliche, but so true.  I cried at least three times during the performance.  It is such a beautiful and entrancing story, and seeing it performed by the best of the best was unbelievable.  Even Mckay, lover of Phantom of the Opera that he is, said it was the best play he'd ever seen.  It was absolutely magical, so well done and the sets and logistics of it all were stunning.  Not to mention the music!  This was my most favorite thing we did while in England, & that is saying a lot, because it was the best vacation I've ever been on.  

8 comments:

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

I got chills from your post. Enough said!

RACHAEL said...

you are just the sweetest creature in existence right now. so spoiled and i wouldn't have it any other way. YOU are smart and regal and gorgeous in that little black dress!

Stephanie said...

Jealous! I saw Wicked in London when I was there... something about seeing a play with those British accents is so magical isn't it? Still wish I'd been able to see Les Miserable, though. You have a good life! :)

Unknown said...

Did you know that I saw the same production in the same theatre in January? I sat on the last row by the sound booth. I can't believe you and I stepped into the same place! that is one of my favorite memories of my nine months abroad.

Mike Craven said...

Wow! That looks absolutely breath taking. What an experience to treasure! I love Les Miserable! I am glad you had such a great time! =)

Mike Craven said...

apparently I'm logged in as mike --it's chrissy =) but he is happy for you too

Ashley said...

Nicki,that's awesome! You are a very lucky girl :)

Ashley said...

!!!!!! can we come next time? pleeeeeeeeease?!!!!! so jelly jell. seriously. looks like too much fun. can't wait for the rest!! <3