Thursday, December 15, 2011

Winter Love

Time is flying by.  We've been busy little bees, going nonstop.  I am really looking forward to Christmas break so that we can relax and just spend some lazy time together with our families.

On November 30th we scored sweet tickets to a party at the Rockefeller Center for the lighting of the Christmas Tree.  It was magical & such a fun kick-off to the holiday season.  Justin Bieber was prerecorded so we totally missed out on his performance!  I thought Mckay was going to cry.  JK.  We were mostly there for the food (amazing) & the glowing 80 foot tree.



(The artsy shoe shot by mckay, cutie)

A few weeks later (Dec 9) we flew to LAX to attend a wedding in Palm Springs.  Not just any wedding, a gay, 60's themed wedding, quite the experience.  The ceremony, reception and farewell breakfast were held at the legendary Riviera Hotel.  The groom (well, one of them) was Mckay's college roommate, football teammate & good friend. 
Saturday morning we strolled around the downtown area and I got a pedicure, Mckay got a massage & we had a delicious Mexican lunch together.  That night was the wedding ceremony & reception, the venue was fabulous & everything looked perfect.  Ryan (groom #2) is a Hollywood/Broadway-type so all of the entertainment was provided by their Broadway-type friends.  One song was performed by "Christine" from Phantom of the Opera, yes, my jaw was on the floor.  We had a grand time dancing & mingling with all sorts of souls.

 (Immediate stop an In-n-Out the hour we landed, I've missed it.)

(Poolside heaven)

(11pm, right before we left the wedding, which went until 2am.)

(Mckay & blinking Graham)

(Funny "do not disturb" sign at the hotel, I was so amused.)

Lest I forget to mention- our weekend highlights:
Mckay: Meeting Stephanie Tanner from Full House.  She is (of course) a good friend of the couple & Graham introduced us.  Mckay had stars in his eyes, apparently she was the hot-ticket item for him 20 years ago.
Nicki: Nothing so life changing as Mckay's, BUT I did meet Kristina & Zack from Oprah's Own Show.  Kristina & I had on very similar dresses & she was so darling & said she loved mine.  I loved it.  If you didn't watch the show (we did because Ryan was on it) you have no idea who these people are, but they're great.


5 comments:

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

You guys do SUCH fun things!!! I love it!! Please tell me you kept the 'Do Not Disturb' sign from the hotel!!! I want one!! Hahaha!

doodle said...

Wow. Great adventures. The wedding sounds.......interesting.....haha...but I'm probably gonna be ok if I never go to one like that. You got In-n-out out of it & met some stars though, that's great! How fun to go to the tree lighting, excellent foot shot & great idea Noble hotel. Haha!

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Sounds like a fun entertaining trip! :)

RACHAEL said...

you're such a high roller these days. i love that you were able to see the tree lighting! i am feeling good! haven't slept more than 3 hours since he was born but i don't mind. :) he is sooooo perfect!!! i love him sooo much it's crazy!! thanks for checking up on us! :)

Taunya Spaulding said...

hmm....wow. that's all i can really say about that! :) awesome that you are coming home for the holidays-even though we won't see each other-you're that much closer! hope you all have a merry christmas! love ya!