Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Two weeks ago-

 My good friend Jacki & her sweet husband (who were living in NJ for the summer) came to CT and visited us!  We had a yummy Sunday dinner together and after we were stuffed to the brim, we took them to the beach to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.  It was fun to catch up with them and have an excuse to spend a few hours on the shore. 
 Us at the beach that Sunday afternoon.
 Kenna brought Ariana over a bunch these last few weeks and we've been swimming and having so much fun girly time together. I love this cutie pie. 
 Sister who shop together...
Have too much fun.  Kenna needed some new clothes and so we spent an afternoon at some of my favorite places outfitting her.  No amount of persuasion could convince her to purchase that outfit!  Isn't is so darling?  I should have gotten it for me.
 Mckay folded my napkin into a heart. (Although he wants me to tell everyone it's the batman symbol, which it clearly is not.)
 We are so lucky & live next door to our good friends Dave & Lizzy (and their beyond darling little baby Tillie).  Lizzy's sister came to visit for a weekend and we all had Sunday dinner together.  Couldn't let Sarah go home without first snapping a picture of Lizzy & I with our look-alikes.  What sweet, good girls they both are.
 Mckay agreed to see Hope Springs with me over the weekend.  We were the youngest people in the entire theatre by maybe 20 years.  It was so funny to feel out of place at the movie theater!  The movie made us laugh a lot although there were a few squirmy-awkward sex scenes made worse by the fact that the actors were "old people" & I knew that I was in a theater full of grandparents.
 Took Kenna into New York City for the last time this summer.  We ended the night by seeing a Broadway, Mamma Mia and we all loved it.  A lot.  I've always said Mary Poppins was my favorite (barring Les Mis which is in another category altogether) but now it's definitely a toss up.  This one completely blew my socks off. 
 Dinner at Extra Virgin did not disappoint.  I had the pistachio crusted goat cheese salad, need I say more?  It was beautiful and delicious.
& last but not least...!  We found out that Mckay passed level II of the CFA.  We are relieved and so grateful, and I don't think I've ever seen him happier or more proud of himself.  He is amazing! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

THOSE PICTURES OF HIM EXCLAIMING HIS JOY??!!!?!!!?!! those are the GREATEST!!! you need to frame those and put them by the bathroom mirror so he can look at them every morning. i am getting the MINI-est glimpse of your couch and it is so annoying. why can't i seeeee it?!!?! i'm in the market so i'm extra interested. LOVE EVERYTHINGANDEVERYONE!!!! sweet sister especially. :)

Shey said...

THe pictures of McKay are hilarious!! Love it. It's so fun to have visitors. I'm so glad you've been able to see your sister lots, that's so fun!

Unknown said...

Congrats to Mckay a 1,000 times over!!! You should have flexed your "big sister" muscle and MADE Kenna buy that outfit - too cute.

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

What a fun and busy two weeks you guys had. I saw Mama Mia when I was in high school, I remember that I liked it but don't remember to much about it. Maybe we will have to see it! Love the pictures of McKay. Congrats to him, only one more to go!

Tiffany said...

Congrats to McKay!
You and I have the same exact taste in musicals! Les Mis and Wicked are my 2 top faves but Mamma Mia and Mary Poppins are both close seconds ;)