Has anyone ever turned their blog into a book?
I took a stab at it tonight and wanted to yell curse words and smash things...
I downloaded BLURB and didn't find it user-friendly at all. I didn't do the auto-build, I tried putting the posts in myself, which messed up layouts and cut out titles and all other sorts of ridiculousness.
Advice? What have you used that has worked?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
While I'm on here:
Nothing too exciting going on in our lives.
I started school and have been completely invigorated after being positively burnt out, that was a pleasant surprise. I cannot believe it's my last (last??!*&#$*@) semester! Just this last hurdle and then the NCLEX. I am so looking forward to being done.
Mckay is surviving, that's really the only word for it. He is so busy between school, work and studying for the CFA. He manages time to play a little basketball and football and love on his cutie wife, which makes us both happy.
I got really sick two weeks ago and ended up in the hospital after puking my guts out for 5 hours. That was a fun way to spend my winter break. But I was in and out so fast, just needed some magic Zofran in my veins and 2 liters of fluid and I was good to go. At least back to bed where I would lay for three days and not move a muscle. This "flu" (it was some GI virus anyway) does not mess around.
It snowed today which made us both sad. We were having a "warm", sunny and bearable winter up until last week when the temperature dropped to below 20 and today the snow came. This is our last winter here! We say that every year. Frigid temperatures aside, we truly love it here in Connecticut.
Mckay's parents just got their mission call to Finland, which is where his Dad served 50ish years ago. We are excited for them and hoping we get a chance to visit.
I watched the latest episode of Downton Abbey tonight while Mckay was at class and cried so now I have puffy eyes and a headache, but so worth it. I absolutely love that show.
We love 2013 so far.
8 comments:
ok, I am a huge fan of the blog-to-book thing! And yes, I use Blurb! I wish you lived closer so I could show you my books and come over and give you a tutorial! But all I can really say is just stick with it and it will get much easier with time...I got frustrated in the beginning too but then one weekend I just worked on it A LOT and before I knew it I was pro, whizzing through those books like it was nothing. I have 4 printed and am currently working on my 5th. the only way to get better at using the program, is just to keep using it. The more you use it, the quicker you will pick it up and I promise it will get easier! good luck! let me know if you have more specific questions!
I tried Blurb once and had the same experience as you. I was sooo frustrated &gave up. Now with Jude, it would probably take me months to make one for just one year of the blog and I hardly have time for that! I printed mine for the first time for a Christmas gift and I used blog2print.com. It is nothing special, but literally takes ten minutes to do the entire thing and your done. It will show you a preview of the book. You can try that and see if you like it. Tiffany, above, kind of gives me hope to use Blurb.... since I'm going to be doing this for many years and want them to be cute. I should probably try to learn how to do Blurb. I know NieNie uses Blurb and she says she just takes one day, or maybe weekend, a year where she does nothing but Blurb and gets her book done. HOPE THIS HELPS!! Congrats on almost being done with nursing school!! Best feeling ever, next to passing that TEST!
That's the whole reason why I started a blog. I haven't tried to turn it into a book yet. I thought it would be a lot easier. Good luck with that and let me know if it get's better.
Also, I had no idea you were sick! I'm glad you are better.
blurb all the way. I took the approach upon popular advice to "slurp" all the posts into a really boring auto layout and then customize it after page by page. It took forever, but I love the way it turned out. you can check out my book anytime.
http://www.artifactuprising.com/site/softcover_photobook#ad-image-0
^^ that one was all over pintrest and people seemed to love it. it looks really artsy and beautiful. maybe give it a try? I"m thinking about using it for our next book :) i love youuuu
So glad you are almost done with school Nic! I use BLURB and love it, that sucks that it's not working for you. Hopefully you will find something, I don't know of any others.
Ok when you learn how to do the book can you teach me? And do you want to start Downtown from the beginning so I can watch it with you? Oh, and I'm glad you like CT because we like you guys...
I literally bawled as if I were in the room in that episode. someone had even told met what was coming so I didn't expect to be so emotional. My roommate says the temple makes people more emotional, all I know is the last six months have been full of tears at all things so maybe it is true.
Post a Comment