What a fantastic book, I'm on such a great streak lately. You know how sometimes you read a bunch of books but you just keep thinking back to that one you read _______________ [last, five months, five years?] ago and thinking, "I wish I could find something that good again!". I every book I pick up is better than the last. I know it has to end soon, but oh how I love it.
Other things I'm loving right now:
The sixty degree weather we've had for the past few days.
The weather forecast for Saturday, ready for this? 68-70 degrees!
My trip to Philadelphia this weekend. First time. Philly Cheese steak here I come.
A fun birthday package from Regan that's on its way to me!
March 20, ONE DAY, until it's officially spring.
My new library card, how have I never had one of these? It’s soooo economical!
Just 27 more days and my Mama is coming to New York to visit me!!!! {happyhappyjoyjoy}. I'm so excited to run her into the ground {in a nice way} dragging her all over NY/CT to play with me. {biggest smile}.
Did you hear about the storm we had out here? We weathered a pretty intense storm in these here parts. It's was unlike anything I had ever experienced. Oodles of fallen trees, 500,000 people are on day SIX without electricity, and rain & winds you wouldn't believe. It's all over now, but for a while there I was having serious doubts about ever seeing the sunshine again. My friend Allison is one of those poor, poor dears living in Greenwich, CT [oxymoron] with no power. And I thought I was in bad shape being cut off from the internet/cable for a few days... "peace and blessings" Alli!
I’m fed up with Montessori preschool. Today baby A. came home in ugly pants that were most definitely not the cute denim mini-skirt I sent her in. They said it was “too constricting” and “hindering” her ability to move and play. PUh-lease lady. Put her in a cloth diaper and a bubble then, when she’s your baby [not that she’s mine]. But until she shows up in a straight jacket lets just keep her in those tight, hoochy baby clothes that “hinder” her ability to play, mmmkay?!
I have a March Madness bracket thingy that needs my attention...
I'm flying blind, having never watched a basketball game outside of a high school gymnasium, "ise for fun"! Also, the games are apparently divided into categories... "Round One, Round Two, Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, Final Four & the Championship". When I read those I had to giggle. Does it not seem funny that they have such cutesy names for them? Really?? Elite Eight? I don't see why the Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 etc. was not sufficient. Maybe women were in charge of organizing the brackets. [Probably].
Is it bad that I’ve been driving with an expired license since my birthday? Could I get in a lot or just a little bit of trouble for that?
Oh! Another thing worth mentioning. This last weekend Alli and I drove up to New Haven, CT for Ingrid Michaelson's concert. That was her birthday present to me, I was so thrilled. It was a tiny venue, some random pub near Yale. It was... interesting. Such the [not] good ambiance for two sweet Mormon girls. But we had a blast. There was an extra large Urban Outfitters nearby so of course I got a cute pair of floral tennies. [& now that I have them home with me, I SWEAR they smell like bacon. Eww. I might be crazy, I know.] The music was splendid. She is so talented. She forgot to sing my favorite [silly Ingrid] Far Away. Every time I hear that song I'm ready to pick up and run off to Maine to find me a lobsterman. You should YouTube it and know why.
Should I apologize for the fact that this post is all over the place? I apologize.
The end.
PS- This is what life looked like for a few days over here. Not just in this one spot, all over. Not exaggerating.
5 comments:
You crack me up Nicki. I love reading your posts.
I can't believe those trees are all over the place like that. No wonder so many people are out of power. I didn't know you were going to PA today. We should talk more. Sorry I've not been in touch with you lately. It's been crazy around here with mom and her little dilemma. We'll talk either later today or tomorrow. We (me, Kent, Kenna and Trevor) are going to get Trev a new bike (maybe Kenna too) and we are going to ride to First Dam today. It is sunny, not quite as warm as it has been, but warm enough. I can't take sitting around the house anymore. Congrats on the library card!!!
i <3 the hoochy baby clothes, too. if clothes really could 'hinder' and 'restrict' a toddler, then i would secretly keep little straight jackets in the closet at work to put the babies in when i am about to go crazy. but lets face it; even THAT can't restrict a toddler. its impossible. i don't even know what march madness bracket things are, so good job being smarter at that than me. i miss you with all of my little heart!!! come visit me real quick, ok? love you the BEST.
my oh my oh heavens.
that was an such an experience i KNOw. but i am glad you got to experience it. for experience purposes. it is beautiful to me how to church always pulls together so much in those times &helps.
i'm reading "mormon women" right now &i love it. tell me which ones you have read that you think i would like.
phiLADEPHIA?? where anthony green is from. did you see him? how was it? beautiful, i know.
birthday package? i think those are the most wonderful creations.
weather? i agree. except i haven't seen mine in days almost due to sickness [see blog].
your mom is coming to vISIT??!! that is the sweetest &most heart-warming. she should bring her tennies too.
etc, etc, etc.
i love you.
OH!! I loved every ounce of your funny/everywhere post. your the best
Post a Comment