Thursday, August 12, 2010

week five.

If last week was the week of nothing update worthy, this was the week of all things update worthy, productive, decisive and lovely. Here's why:
1.  Found and purchased my dress
2.  Mckay booked our honeymoon
3.  Picked flowers with flower lady
4.  Picked food with food lady
5.  Picked cake with cake lady
6.  Harassed friends and family and then addressed 456 envelopes by hand
7.  Ordered engagement photos
8.  Checked out reception place
9.  Got my drivers license, been driving with an expired license for five months
10.  Signed the lease to our first and very own love nest, wow oh wow

*Also squeezed in a whole day of quality family time which was wonderful. My cousin Alex will be serving a mission in Washington DC and we went to Idaho Falls on Sunday to hear him speak in church and eat yummy food with family and friends.

Internal debates & other thoughts:
1.  Veil or no veil? I'm leaning towards no veil... What then? Headband? Hair clip?
2.  Did you know I've never met Mckay's family? It's true. At first I was having minor anxiety over this, but now I just think, how fun! What an adventure, I love surprises, right? Right.  Plus I've talked to a few of his sisters and they're so sweet, so I'm not worried.
3.  Is there something I'm totally spacing on our registry? Married people?
4.  Bridal shower this Saturday and I'm elated!

The dress I did not get:
Gorgeous isn't it? It had a price tag that would have fed a small country. I love lace, and I loved this dress- but still- it's the "trendy lacey old-fashioned" look, if you know what I mean. I absolutely adore the one I did get. No pictures of that one, it's more homemade and old fashioned looking.

How adorable is this guy? I love him a lot. He's such the gentleman. He opens the car door for me and Regan everywhere we go. Can't wait to see him in his handsome suit at our wedding.

Why I love going home {minus one, she was in CA}.

Oh PS: Ellen DeGeneres on SYTYCD tonight?! Dancer, lesbian, comedian, lovely talk show host, Dory fish extrodiaire. Of course.

9 comments:

Alysha said...

Nicki! I love this post and all your accomplishments. I am so gald you have a blog to document all these things because I didnt!!!

Lizzie said...

What a week!!

Ashley said...

The dress is gorgeous. Too bad it was so expensive. I'm sure the one you did buy is just as beautiful. It was so good to see you and visit with you Sunday. We will see you soon!

April Annie said...

I love you. But. It's a Bridal 'Tea'. You are much too fancy and loved to settle for a 'shower' ;) <3

Caroline Craven said...

We did accomplish a lot during the few days you were here. Just waiting to hear back from the flower/caterer lady with final prices. We are so crossing stuff off the list!!!

Ashley said...

i literally gasped when i opened up that picture big. you are so busy/efficient in your wedding planning. i wish with all my heart i could have seen you this weekend! ugh. love love love you <3

Ashley said...

p.s. i gasped because you are SOO beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! i forgot to put that in there :)

Linzvor said...

Were you forced to hide your camera at the bridal store? I think I see a purse. Funny.I think that's silly when they don't allow pictures!! But you looks so good!! Can't wait to see the one you picked! And I say yes to the veil. But no veil is pretty as well :)

RACHAEL said...

if no veil, you should consider a beautiful vintage clip. maybe with a feather? soo beautiful a white clip would be on your dark locks:]

i will be the most elated soul when i get your announcement!! &then the most down trodden soul that i can't positively rsvp:[

you should write a book about planning a wedding in two months... no big deal.

you look gooooooorgeous in the dress you are not getting!!<3

where did you register sissy fry? if i could do it again i would register for the BRIGHTEST everything, funny i know. the most expensive/good quality things- yes, you must. people will buy.

loves fiance.