Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week 3, 2, 1?

Life got a little crazy.  I forgot to keep track of my goings & doings- here is a quick recap of what I can remember...


I moved out of my employers house, said tearful goodbyes to Kelly and Ariana, got a speeding ticket on the way to our apartment (uuhggg), moved my stuff in when it was 100 degrees outside (no air conditioning), & cleaned like crazy. 
{How cute is she? Watching Dora in a basket and "helping" me pack up my room. She said, "I will miss you so much Nick", over & over again, heartbreak!}

I slept at the Bishop's house for a few nights, picked paint colors with his wife, bought better cleaning supplies and cleaned some more, shopped for a rug, helped Mckay get packed and moved in and bought a ton of "stuff" from Target for our place.

We ate pizza on the floor.  This is a standing Craven tradition-when we move into a new house (2 times and counting)... we order pizza and sit on the floor in the dining room to christen the new home. Mckay was a good sport and I think he even thought it was cute, so we ordered Domino's and stuffed ourselves with pizza.  After dinner we got to open a few wedding presents, so fun!  

Once I got barely settled in Connecticut we took off to Utah. I'm now home until the wedding, Mckay stayed for the BYU game and to take bridal pictures with me on Labor Day and is now back to work in CT.  

My Mom's mother died on Wednesday September, 1st and on Saturday the 4th we had her funeral.  It was a very tender and spiritual experience.  Grandma was diagnosed with cancer almost a year ago and on the 1st she was released from her mortal pain to return to Heavenly Father.  All of her granddaughters sang the primary song "I Often Go Walking" at her funeral and that song will always have a special place in my heart.  My grandma was a woman of extraordinary character, a great capacity for love, endless patience, and a sweet sense of humor. 

My bridal showered was scheduled for the Saturday of the funeral so that was obviously canceled.  After the funeral, we all went back to my Aunt Lanell's house to visit (favorite McAffee past time) and I was so sweetly surprised by my aunts and cousins with a spur of the moment bridal shower.  I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect or needed than to be surrounded by the women who have meant most to me during my life. And I suspect my sweet Grandma was looking down on us from heaven, pleased that we were happily celebrating together!  The women in my family amaze me, it is so good to be with them.  There is always lots of laughter and love, even in the "December of our lives".


And today is ten days from my wedding day. 

Still lots to do.
Mom & I are a little overwhelmed, but going strong.
I don't think I'll blog again before the wedding.
Till October:]!


6 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

When I read 10 days and counting a streak of panic shot through me. I hope we get everything done. Maybe we will have to scrub a few items on the list. People will just have to understand, don't you think?

RACHAEL said...

can i teleport over and help you??

UGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Taunya Spaulding said...

i'm SO MAD i missed your bridal shower!! STUPID MONTANA REUNION!!! i'm glad you got one though! good luck with the rest of the wedding stuff and we'll see you in about a week! yay!

Karissa said...

love the pizza picture! super cute. and.. that little girl is a doll, sitting in that tub :) I have been checking every day for updates, so i am glad you found some time, busy girl! :) Miss you already! So excited for the two of you!

Just the 2 of Us! said...

10 days!! Yay! I so wish I could be there. My work schedule changed and I used all my vacation time to go to Haiti. I will be there in spirit. I hope you can make it to the cousin get together next year. Love ya and happy wedding planning.

Shy said...

Nicki, I just LOVE you! I am so glad we could still have a shower for you. I hope the next few days aren't too crazy for you and that you can thoroughly enjoy your experience at the temple and then of course, your wedding! I am so happy for you and excited for this chapter of your life. Luvs, Shy