Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Open House, Friendswood. Home Sweet Home, Stamford.

-My sisters-in-law made the most beautiful and elegant cake I've ever seen.  I loved it.  It was so classic and simple, not to mention delicious. Italian cream with coconut and pecans and cream cheese frosting... it was mouth watering.
- They also worked so hard all day decorating the entire house and it looked lovely.
- My parents flew down for the weekend, I was so happy to have them there with me.
- I got to wear my wedding dress again! {But only for 1 hour, the heat got to me and all of a sudden it felt more like a straitjacket than a wedding dress, so off it went}
- I was finally feeling better after being so sick on our honeymoon &  thankfully so, my brother-in-law BBQed delicious sausage, brisket and chicken for all the guests, yyuummm.
- I met lots of new faces.  It was fun to visit with people Mckay has known for such a long time.  They were all so happy and friendly.
- Mckay was nice and tan from our day and a half (sigh) in the Mexico sun. He looked good.
- Spent more time with the Dunn side, enjoyed that, especially my new nieces and nephews!
- Got to open a few more gifts down in Texas, yay!

{love}
{1. my handsome/beautiful parents. i am so grateful to them for everything they did for us and this wedding. they've taught me so much over the years, and lately i am thankful for their example of a loving, happy and selfless marriage. 2. the lovely cake. 3. my brand new baby niece Alyssa, isn't she precious? i love that tiny thing a lot.


The next day we went to sacrament meeting with his fam and then we were off to Connecticut.  Although it was a wonderful, busy and fun month, I was so ready to be home.  It felt good coming back to our little apartment.  Since we've been back we've working hard getting everything together. I've cooked dinner like 3 times now. Uuhhh, ya. That doesn't sound too impressive, I'm working on it though.  The love nest is slowly but surely becoming the cutest, homiest, most yummy smelling, feng shui home on the block. So give us a few more weeks and then we need some visitors!

We're both working and grateful to have good jobs.  We watch Glee and The Amazing Race and Modern Family every week.  We try and make time for the gym.  We go to BB&B every day (it feels like) to buy this and return that.  We are looking for a new car.  We love being married.  We love having each other.  We love this new phase of our life!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I want a bite of your cake. Sounds divine.

Just the 2 of Us! said...

So glad you guys are home and settled in. I wish I could have been there for your big day, I was thinking of you! Live up every moment.

Ashley said...

so fun. i love this. can WE be the ones to come visit? okay! love you

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

You are such a cute wife!! I love how you are trying to make your home a home! :)

Taunya Spaulding said...

such cute pictures! i'm so glad that you get along with mckay's family so well-it's hard if you don't! trust me! there are some of john's family that i don't quite see eye-to-eye with!! but, it's all good! :)
glad you had a wonderful time!

Caroline Craven said...

You pirated all my pictures!!! That's okay, they really were the best ones, but I will still send the rest. Glad our phones are working now.

RACHAEL said...

you are lovely.
rachael loves you.
mckay loves his wife.
i miss you sweet lovey.

Linzvor said...

Amazing Race. The Watermelon in the face - I still cannot get over it!