I don't have many pictures from this day but it was a great one! We started the morning off by going to the Tower of London. Along with over 100 others, the Tower is where Anne Boleyn, Catherine Howard, Jane Boleyn and Lady Jane Grey were executeed. Three Queens of England in there! The Tower of London is also where the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom are housed as well as an impressive armory full of hundreds of years worth of swords and armor worn by fancy people.
On our way back to our hotel we stopped at King's Cross Station because we just could not pass up an opportunity to get this picture:
We grabbed our bags, checked out of our hotel and took a long, stinky, uncomfortable, crowded ride to the airport via underground (rush hour). At the airport we rented a car and Mckay so bravely tackled the challenge of driving on the wrong side of the road! He adjusted fairly quickly, but navigating out of the airport (which is hard in your own country!) was extremely tense. We drove Southeast to Dover, England to start our tour of the English countryside!
4 comments:
I just scrolled through your blog and read ALL your vaca notes. My favorite part was McKay listening to every recorded word on the guides in the War Room thing and you being annoyed/bored with waiting for him. It made me laugh because that is something Dad and I would do. Funny. Your trip sounds so fun and exciting. Sorry London Bridge was a disappointment, but the tower is cool. We all need to do a european vacation together. That would be so much fun. Can't wait to see the English countryside (my favorite).
I've been to London but I didn't make it out to the English countryside. I can't wait to see your pictures, looks like an incredible vacation so far!
What a small world--my Dad grew up in Walnut Creek. All of his family still lives in the area. We're living in Menlo Park for the summer, right next to Stanford Univ.
I'll have to get your opinion/advice sometime about Connecticut because we're thinking about moving out there for work. Thanks again for the NYC suggestions! Once I get the photos up I can give you proper credit :)
to bad you weren't there this week instead &you could have gone to the HP premiere there!!! THAT would have been cool! i love that you got to go to gate 9 3/4 so fun. bridges and castles. such a fairy tale.
Oh my goodness Nicki! how much stinking fun! You will always remember that, I'm glad you got to go on this adventure together! Looks like it was a total blast!
Post a Comment