Being in the city was amazing, but so was the second part of our trip, the countryside. We put over 700 miles on our rental car. We left London and drove south to Dover & then wound our way through Canterbury, Hastings, Battle, Salisbury, Bath, Stratford-upon-Avon, the Cotswolds and Cambridge. It was a dream. I loved driving the tiny roads with Mckay & taking in the beautiful scenery together. The beauty of this place was astounding to me.
Dover Castle. We spent 4 hours here. It was amazing.
Medieval castle wall at Dover Castle.
The White Cliffs of Dover. So romantic and breathtaking. This was my favorite "countryside" part of our vacation. It was peaceful and picturesque.
Canterbury Cathedral.
Jeake's -the most adorable house we stayed at in Rye. Our room (the Apothecary room) has been standing since 1589. Charming.
Herstmonceux Castle.
Jane Austin's home where she wrote & finished all 6 books.
Jane Austin's grave site, Winchester Cathedral.
Stonehenge. Unbelievable.
Bath Abbey & the ancient Roman baths.
17th-century farmhouse we stayed at 5 miles outside of Bath. Every night of the countryside we stayed in a different B&B. They were so beautiful.
Avon River in Bath.
Castle Crown voted "most beautiful village in England". It was too adorable. There was one street, named "The Street".
Antique shop in Stow-on-the-Wold in the Cotswalds.
Driving the countryside was so fun. I loved the sheep grazing everywhere.
He became the best wrong-side-of-the-road driver. & I the best navigator (with the help of our best friend the GPS).
Ended our trip back in London & saw the wonderful Wizard of Oz!

8 comments:
wizard of oz!!! so jealous. im so sure you stayed in the apothecary room!!!! of COURSE! it's so perfect. so beautiful. love the country side <3
those little cottages you stayed in are sooo perfect. i love that place where you are sitting on your jacket. INCREDIBLE!
Looks like an AMAZING trip Nic! Back to life now huh :)
Just take one of those B&B you stayed in and plop it right on that cliff in Dover and I would forever more be satisfied with life. Wow. Everywhere you went is so beautiful and lush. We don't get that much in Arizona. Or at all.
JANE AUSTEN'S HOME? OH I WAS JUST LOOKING UP THE BOOK OF HER LETTERS AND WHERE SHE LIVED. I am so excited about this. I think we need to talk again. I love Jane Austen. Oh how wonderful this world can be sometimes.
What an awesome, awesome trip. Looking at your pictures gives me the travel bug!
So jealous. Wish we'd done more traveling before we had kids (as much as I adore them). Looks like you had a fabulous time!
Love theh pictures, but love that cute striped skirt you are wearing by the castle wall. And you know I want to live in a cottage on that street in the countryside. I'm at Gmpa. Mc's right now. Waiting for Carl and Lanell to get here for wood, then were going camping. Janice and I m ade a rhubarb/strawberrie pie, but I doubt it will be as good as yours. Kenna says hi and Trevor wishes you and McKay would move to Utah. We love you.
Post a Comment