Wednesday, August 29, 2012

our last jaunt with kenna.

to Beantown!
 
It was Kenna's last weekend with us and so we decided to take her up to the beautiful city of Boston!
We left on Friday and drove the three or so hours to Ashley & Scott's (our most gracious, fun & wonderful hosts) house.  She cooked a delicious feast for us upon arrival and we stayed up way too late that night talking and laughing and having such a good time.  The boys were tired of our antics around 10:30 but were such good sports and let us do our chitty-chatty-ing until nearly midnight. 
 
Saturday we started out at Walden Pond in Concord.  If you've  been to Boston & haven't been to Walden Pond you are missing out! It was the most gorgeous lake (I would classify it as a lake, definitely not a pond) I've ever been to.  The water, which is 100 feet  deep in the middle, is incredibly clear and it's completely surrounded by trees.  Ashley & I swam out to the middle of it and just floated and talked.  We can't wait to go back, and you can't beat a $5 parking fee!
 
Next up-
Boston!  Freedom trail, Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, Paul Revere's house, Old South Church, Mike's Pastry, the best pizza of our lives (Regina's Pizzeria!), New England Holocaust Memorial, & a street fair in Little Italy! 
 
Sunday we went to church with them & then skipped out early (hush/hush) to climb up to the top of the Bunker Hill Monument before taking off.  Ashley and I were neither excited about or happy to climb those 300 stairs.  We've both done it before & in Sunday clothes didn't sound appealing at all.  But 20 or so minutes later we were all up top looking out over Boston, a pretty view no matter how much your calves hate you.
 


 Love him so much.  Also love Ash looking on so sweetly.  And he loved his mega-treat from Mike's: the Lobstertail.
 I know this picture isn't cute, but it makes me laugh.  We were waiting for our table at Regina's & Kenna snapped it.  What is Mckay doing on his phone? Looking up Mean Girl quotes, what else?  The restaurant sparked it, and we knew there were a plethora of funny lines besides the "You go Glenn Coco!" we were stuck on...

 1.... 2.... (snap)  Mckay didn't wait until 3 & I love the outcome.
 

 It was almost noon but the sun was hiding.  Luckily it came out and shone is beautiful rays on us for a few minutes, it was glorious and sparked an impromptu session of water acrobatics, which was probably not as pretty as if felt :)
 
Thanks Ashley & Scott for such a fun weekend.  They took good care of us. 
A few days later Kenna's summer of East Coast lovin' & adventures ended and we put her on a plane back to Utah.  It was so very sad, but we're thankful we got to spend such a fun couple of months with her.
 

6 comments:

Ashley said...

we LOVED having you here!!! really. the best! we need to plan another trip together. love youu!!!!

Stephanie said...

So fun! I loved it when my sister lived on the East Coast with me - those were the very best times! P.S. Where did you get your cute green skirt in the first picture? Love it!

Tiffany said...

I went to Boston when I was very young and I barely remember it but I remember it was a cool city! I am DYING to go back!

Julianne Howes said...

Nicki!! Do you remember me?? Julianne (Mathews) Howes... From MC??? Are you in Massachusetts?? We are!!! Text me!!! 435-770-0580

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

I just love reading your blog!! You have such fun stories and adventures! K and your last picture....you look stinkin good! What are you doing?!

Liz Jensen said...

Kenna needs to come back, can I hire her?! Fun weekend!