The Brooklyn Bridge 4.17.10
1.14 miles long, we walked across it and back on Saturday. It was still kind of cold, but not raining. Made for a lovely sky filled with clouds of blues and greys. This was our last activity after an entire day in the city. {My favorite picture we took}.
At the train station, excited to head in to New York City. We went to FAO Schwarz, Mom lucked out and found her most favorite yucky licorice candy ever. Look at her cute grin, simple pleasures! 
Then we took a walk in the lovely Central Park. Had to take her to Times Square, and then listen to some fake Scottish man harass us about a comedy show and being Mormons. Alli {randomly ran into her that afternoon} lost patience real quick and told him to beat it, it made me laugh.
Other memorable things we did on Saturday:
Mom's first ride in a NYC taxi cab.
Had brunch at Alice's Teacup. Two Scones Benedict please!!! {&thank you}.
Walked a ton, and didn't get blisters and didn't get lost.
Rode the train, rode the subway, took a taxi. Felt very NYC.
Went to Rockefeller Center.
Shopped at the massive Anthro in Rockefeller Center {found a lovely silk shirt stained with rainwater and demanded, nicely, that they give me 50% off- came home with my newest favorite article of clothing}.
Perused Tiffany's on 5th Ave like we could actually afford to buy their diamonds and other delicious treats.
M&M factory, so crowded and short lived, we were looking for the coconut M&M's but they were fresh out, dang.
That evening, so ready to drop, we got back on the train and headed home.
Shared some of our Godiva goodies and called it a night.

6 comments:
I'm loving your blog of our trip. I think I will just copy it and post it on my blog. Is that okay with you? I will add my own personal comment, though.
this is my favorite day so far.
Beautiful. I love that top picture.(I love all of them, of course, but you understand.)
way fun, oh and that must be an arco native thing because I love those candies to... what a fun time.
Nicky, that picture at the top could easily have been taken by a professional. I love it so much. You two are cute. What a fun adventure.
i love this day. i want to come visit.
Post a Comment