Friday 4.16.10, Day 2.
Woke up Friday morning and took another super long walk outside.
Got home and the weather turned on us, the clouds rolled in and the wind started up and it was apparent that it was not going to be the 65 degree day we'd planned on.
Made ourselves decent looking.
Drove to Lyndhurst Castle for a spring flower show. The flower show was Victorian Era styled arrangements and plants and flowers. It was held in the old Carriage House of the Castle, which was huge, and really neat.
Tours were available but we were toting a 2 year old and decided that paying money to restrain her during a tour of the 160 year old castle filled with breakable things was not on the agenda. We peeked inside though, and it was gorgeous.
Came home, had lunch, ditched baby, went shopping at Woodbury Commons outlets. They have everything from Gap to Gucci. It was a blast. Of all the stores we visited, Godiva was where we dropped the biggest coin. And I'm now a member of the Godiva club so I get a free chocolate every month! Score.
Oh, funny story. When my Mom is on vacation she looses track of time. I guess most people do, but she must get really confused. On the way to the outlets she asked "Is it April?" pause. "Is it April?". Yes Mom, it is April. {laughing}.
Our plans to go to Brooklyn were thrashed by the rain and cold so we ended up at our favorite restaurant, Lefteris Gyro. They have the most scrumptious Greek salad, baklava, and lamb gyros you will ever find. Ever. We ate till we were sick.
{Just looking at that picture makes me hungry. MMMmmmmm.}
Then we watched Saints and Soldiers. How had I never seen that movie before?! It was so heart-wrenching.
Got home way too late and went to sleep.
The next day when we woke up, we were still full.
We seriously ate that much.
5 comments:
Yes in deed we did eat too much and if you're going to get fat, good food is the way to do it!!! Did you notice my big fat zoning knuckle in the shopping picture? Why didn't you tell me!
yum, that does look good! i'm glad you had an enjoyable visit with your mom. can't wait to see you all at the girls weekend! :)
I am so happy your mommy came out to visit you. We were both having such a great time with family! How cool!! I do remember our Daddy daughter fishing trip, good times!
I want to visit New York so bad, you guys have way to much fun!!
Nicki, I and Michelle have discussed it. Your blog is one of our favorite blogs to read. You are so great with words. You're our fav. Just thought I would let you know. I meant to leave this one the previous post because I thought it was especially good. Love ya, Lisa
Oh my gosh, I love lefteris. I usually go to the one in Tarrytown but I also hear there's one in Mt. Kisco. It's a favorite at the medschool.
Post a Comment