Friday, April 9, 2010

April, as of yet.

4.2.10
Mckay and I grilled steaks and had a BBQ just the two of us. He grilled the steaks, and I made rosemary potatoes, corn on the cob, yummy bread with goat cheese and currant jelly, and a delectable german chocolate cake. We had dinner together and then sat outside [it's been so lovely and warm here] in lawn chairs under a big, comfy blanket [not that warm] and pillow talked. It was perfect. Happy 6 months of dating to us!
{this picture is not from that night, it's just a picture i love that was taken a few weeks ago at a friend's house.}



















4.3.10/4.4.10
180th Annual General Conference. Saturday we watched the first session at our good friend Jesse's house. Then on Sunday Bishop Doying invited the ward to his house for food and both sessions. It was so wonderful, as always, and an extra treat to have Easter fall on Sunday. President Monson's talk was probably my favorite this year [if you're allowed to have a favorite], it was so powerful and my heart felt like it would burst as I listened to his sweet words.  During the Priesthood session I had girls from the Relief Society over for a Pot Luck dinner. We had a blast, always nice to relax with girlfriends!













4.6.10
Took Ariana to the beach! It was suppose to be record high temps but instead it rained and we stayed bundled for most of the morning. By 11am the sun was peeking out from behind the clouds and by noon it was blazing and a picturesque beach day. The water was freezing but Ariana loved it. I was content to stand nearby and watch her. She came up to me, so confused at why I was not splashing in the [arctic] water and reached for my hand and said, "Here Nick, hol' my hand!" Precious.













4.9.10
Today I am sick and miserable. UHG. My tonsils are so swollen and painful and my ears hurt. I feel like someone hit me in the head with a baseball bat, not a nice feeling. Luckily, I have one little Nyquil capsule tonight that will help me get mega sleep. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

4.14.10
So excited to have her here with me... four days!

6 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

Uuh, that picture makes me look fat!!! Don't worry, when I get there I will take good care of you and we'll get this infection knocked out of you. Can't wait - only 4 days until New York!!!

Taunya Spaulding said...

how fun to have your mom there with you for a few days! sorry to hear that you've been sick! that's no fun! get better soon! love ya and i guess we'll see you in may for the girls weekend? i hope so!

Lisa said...

I am so excited that you get to be together, so fun.

Shey said...

Cute. I love reading your posts. I love the way you talk. You're just you and so honest and say things flat out. You're so great. I'm glad you are happy! Loves! P.S. Thanks for supporting my video! haha! I know Braxton was hilarious!

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Have fun with your mom. We will sure miss you in May! Happy 6 months too! Get feeling better. Love ya!

Lizzie said...

Hi Nicki!

I found your blog through Kristin Jensen, I hope that's okay! I loved seeing you in the subway randomly the other night -- what are the chances?! I hope you are doing well & hopefully we can get together soon!

xo
Lizzie Davis

ps our blog is jtandlizziedavis.blogspot.com