Friday, October 1, 2010

the honeymoon

this is basically how it went:
monday we played in the pool and splashed around in the ocean all day long. it was perfect and warm and lovely and blissful. i sunburned my stomach, we ate really good food and went to bed happy.
tuesday i woke up sick.
wednesday i was worse.
thursday i was miserable but did manage to drag myself out of bed for a few hours to lay in a covered beach chair so that mckay could get some sun.
friday i was feeling better, but we left mexico at noon.

for real.
i got tonsillitis and a very bad stomach ache thingy. just the thought of it makes me sick. i'm sure the room service people were amused at room 2645 ordering oatmeal, cranberry juice, toast, bananas, hot tea, vinegar and honey all week long. mckay was wonderful and took such good care his yucky, sick bride.

here is the resort, it was so beautiful and pristine. pity we paid a pretty penny to stay in the room all week long... and not the good kind of staying in your room all honeymoon long-just the sick, miserable kind.

















here is what mckay did most of the week:
*that's sitting with me quietly and reading his book in really bad light so that i can sleep. what a man. he's even smiling! i would post the picture mckay took of me, but no one should ever have to look at that.

here is a funny story:
mckay was calling room service to get me some oatmeal and a few other items. he asked the lady if they had any apple cider vinegar (for my throat) she said, "yes, could you hold me for one minute?".  i was sitting next to mckay and heard his side of the conversation, "yes, i could hold you for a minute" (keeping his laughter under control) i burst out laughing and continued to giggle over that for a few days.



despite being sick and miserable, but it wasn't all bad. we watched tons of movies, ate lots of yummy food in bed, ordered coconut ice cream a few times, he drank about 10 pina coladas, we bought a pretty vase for the apartment and even made it to a few of the delicious restaurants.  i also got spoiled with tlc from mckay. 
{we might just have to plan a re-do in the future...}

14 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh Nicki, how sad! I totally think you need a redo :(

Linzvor said...

I'm sorry you got so sick! What a bummer! But I am happy you are happily married!

bishopfamily said...

Nicki I am so so sorry we weren't able to make it to your wedding. I so wanted to be there to see you and meet McKay. My mom said everything was beautiful, especially you! If Chad and I can find an awesome deal on flights we want to come out to New York the first week in December!! It'd be our first time and way nice to see it during the Christmas season!

Lisa said...

There will be a second honeymoon, but it won't be better than the first. Even with all the miserableness you will still always look back fondly. I love that you are bloging again.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just the 2 of Us! said...

Nic,
How terrible that you were so sick. I'm sorry but at least you know that your cute hubby must really love you for taking such good care of you. Can't wait to see the wedding pics. Love ya.

Unknown said...

Oh dear. Tonsilitis? Who just randomly gets that on a honeymoon. Oh well, at least you didn't have to cook your own oatmeal. Kisses.

Ashley said...

so sad you were sick all week. at least mckay kept you company so sweetly. love you <3

Kell and Lindsay said...

NICKI! I was sick my whole honeymoon too! How lame. I was sick for a week after, too. Let's just say Kell got to know a certain side of me real fast that I wasn't expecting. I barely ate anything and my stomach hurt all day. So I feel for ya. In the end it really doesn't matter, just sucks at the time. Glad you're doing so well.

P.S. I was also sick on our one year anniversary. That was the very first day I had morning sickness...watch out for that one :)

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh man! way to start off the honeymoon! sick!! darn! looks so pretty and i'm glad despite the sickness-you had fun!

Shy said...

How miserable to be sick on your honeymoon! But, how sweet of McKay to take such good care of you! You'll definitely have to go back sometime!

Alysha said...

What a sweet hubby. At least you were not sick on your wedding day. Are you living in NY??? Nicki...one day I am going to come stay with you because its my dream to visit NY. AND if you want to re-do your honeymoon in the near future...you can stay with me...deal???? ;)

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

I am so sorry!! Being sick is so not fun! I'm happy for you that you found the man you did though!! :) You deserve the best! :)

Caroline Craven said...

I'm laughing at Kell amp;Linsey's comment. Honeymoon and first anniversary? What a rip-off, but so funny, at least to me (no disrespect to author). What a miserable deal, but so glad you are feeling better. The good thing about being newlyweds is that everyday is a honeymoon! Don't forget it. LY, Mom!