Tuesday, March 22, 2011

JIMMER

Yeah right. This post is not about Jimmer. It's really just snippets I'd like to share.

1.
Conversation from the weekend:
"I feel really trendy today."
"Really?"
"Yeah, my shoes and shirt and cute scarf. Why, you don't think I look trendy?"
"Uhmmm not really..?"
"What do you think I look like?"
"Kinda grungy..."

I was so amused by this conversation, lucky for him.  Perhaps on another day, it might not have gone so well.  I have to admit, I hadn't showered that day & my hair was greaseball-esque (he made reference to my headband to showcase the grunginess) so I'll give him that. 

2.
My new favorite meal is grilled {American} cheese on sourdough from Stew Leonards. Best. I can't stop eating them.  & Stew Leonards?  The most incredible grocery store I have ever visited.  Meat from Amish country?  Farm fresh tomatoes in March?  Artisan breads and cheeses for snobs?  Fresh flowers galore?  Yes to all of it.  Oh, and yes, I'll take a free coconut frozen yogurt at the end of it all to make up for the ouchie bill.

3.
It's March, which brings us into the frenzy of March Maddress.  Which is awesome and I actually really love it.  Probably because my Dad was almost MIA for my birth because it was so tempting.  We filled out brackets.  We made bets.  If I win, he doesn't get to play "Words with Friends" for a month.  It's his best hobby lately to play that game.  He always wants help with words and he has 3 or 4 games going at all times. It's the most.  Intervention time.  If he wins, I have to friend request all of his ex-girlfriends on Facebook.  Just kidding, that was suggested, but we both decided to take the we're-not-in-middle-school-anymore route.  If I he wins, he gets to drive my car (the nice one) and I get his (the 1995 Nissan Altima with 260,000+ miles) for a month.  I will update you when UNC wins.

4.
I have wanted to tell so many people about this on so many different occasions.  So here is a special (maybe tacky) blog shout out to a few peeps. I am sorry if you don't know the people I am referring to:

The other night I had a dream.  I was in high school, married, but at Mountain Crest High again.  I was standing out by the cafeteria when a boy with long blonde hair started to flirt with me (it shouldn't be a big deal for me to say his name since the chances of him ever finding this blog, let alone reading it, are a million to one. But I am still nervous & anyone from said dream will know who he is.  Enad is what we'll call him, okay-that is just his name spelled backwards.  Now you know).  He hadn't seen me in a while (duh) and wanted to know how I was.  He winked.  It was cute.  He put his arm around me.  I felt guilty.  So I fled, but felt exhilarated that I still had it.  I KNOW!  I cannot be held accountable for dream feelings.  Then I ran into my dear friend Jacki who started sobbing and gave me the biggest hug.  She is so sweet, she was upset and felt so bad for me.  I helped her stop crying.  Then Bryce, Ali, Kassidy, Stacey, Krissy and Kara came & we were having a joyous, chatty session.  I was elated.  I suggested a sleepover (16th birthday style) & they all agreed.  I ran home to get ready.  I looked out my window and decided that once they got there I would take them to "RAINBOW ROAD" as a surprise.  In my dream, Rainbow Road was a road that lead to Ethan Searle's house, and if you looked out my window (at the road) first thing in the morning, when the dew and sun were on it at the same time, it turned into a rainbow.  Special!  I know.  Then my dream took me to a trailor where I was in a little, gross room with Regan in my skivvies.  I asked her to take me to school because we had both missed the bus.  She told me she wouldn't take me because it would make Kenna late,  & she was only taking Kenna.  She looked so pretty & I was sad that she was mean.  I went to go find my Mom to tell on her BUT THEN I WOKE UP.

That is not an unusual dream.  And that is probably why I wake up tired most mornings - because I do SO FREAKING MUCH ALL NIGHT LONG. Really.  Planning sleepovers and dealing with emotional meltdowns and coordinating rides out of the trailor park is exhausting.

14 comments:

doodle said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I loved your dream. Thank you for sharing. I too have weird ones. Maybe I should blog them. Ha. And I especially love the Rainbow Road. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I almost died when I saw "jimmer". Literally my first thought was "Wait Nicki? Jimmer? No...".
It's okay though, I like March Madness. It creates prime flirting opportunities. Ex: Oh your rooting for Uconn? Me too....
haha

And I love your dream. You are the funniest. :)

Regan Leigh said...

My thoughts while reading your blog (in order):

-What is Jimmer?

-You sounded trendy to me!

-Yum at coconut frozen yogurt

-Long blonde hair? Who had long blonde hair? OH! It was that one guy...Mr. Eves class...what was his name??? Enad? ITS DANE!!! haha.

-I want to see Rainbow Road in the morning with the dew, please.

-I'm so happy I was in your trailer dream, sorry I wouldn't drive you to school.

You are funniest/cutest/the best. I hope me and you and Kenna don't dream fight anymore, thats sad. I miss you so much but thats okay, because I'll see you in ONE WEEK. (PS, I had a dream last night that I was already visiting you. You had a very modern apartment. The weird kind of modern, not the good kind. But then it turned sad when cats started chasing me and I had to climb up a big stack of chairs to escape them, and then one said 'BLECH' to me, which was freaky--seriously.)

K since this is the longest comment in the world I'll say goodbye now and tell you I love you so much its just silly! You are my favorite.

P.S-- Stop daydreaming about Dane.
:)

Caroline Craven said...

Does McKay know you are dreaming about Enad? So the thing to remember about dreams is it doesn't matter who the people are or where you are, what matters is the emotion the dream was about. Your's sounds mostly happy (i.e. rainbow roads) so you must be experiencing tons of happiness right now. Congratulations!!!

RACHAEL said...

you are the funniest. i'm always relieved when i don't get upset or annoyed and almost partially rude (but not really) things dan says, it's so much easier to just laugh than get upset. i'm getting better at it... i'm so glad you shared this dream! it's the funniest that you felt guilty yet exhilarated ("I KNOW!!") i have dreams like this a lot too but probably would NEVER post them!! so you're the best because of it.

i loooove you!!!! <3

RACHAEL said...

just read your moms comment- so enlightening. does that mean if i have a lovey, flirtatiousm happy dream with a man other than my husband (who i really am seriously in love with) than i'm happy and lovey and flirty in a good way with my husband, i just accidentally mixed up the man?

i like that idea.

Unknown said...

Ok, so to defend myself I did not mean she looked grungy in the sense of nasty, gross, unkept. I meant grungy like early 90's grunge music, a la Nirvana or Pearl Jam. Maybe I should have just told her she looked so early 90's instead...

Lisa said...

Nicky, dreaming gets way worse after you have children. I feel like I have ran a marathon every single night. Ahhh. I always wake up exhausted.

Scott & Ashley said...

ummm this is the BEST!!!
1. mckays comment above? dying.
2. your fun sounding super market. i want to go the dream land of free coconut ice cream!
3. that whole dream sequence? proud that you remembered it all. love that you still 'had it'. (i have dreams like that all the time... who knows)
4. that you BET on the braquets? THE FUNNIEST!!!!!! we did some but i am expecting to lose. i'm glad your so into it.
5. loveeeeee you!

Lindsey said...

4 things:
1. I almost threw up a little in my mouth when I read your title...sooo happy it wasn't actually about Jimmer!
2. I am so kicking myself for never going to Stew's. It is on my list of "why the heck did I never make it there" for CT!
3. Try getting married during March Madness...that is all I will say about that : )
4. Nice try, McKay! You called your wife grungy. Just be glad she saw the humor : )

Lindsey said...

Oh, and 5 (which doesn't have anything to do with your post)...we still have your wedding announcement on our fridge- so Kerrigan remembers you. In her mind, you guys are now one name: Nickay. HILARIOUS!!! Does that make you feel like a celebrity?

Unknown said...

Hey! Congrats on married life! I love your photos. Where are you guys living?

Allison Fife said...

this is weird because i too am in the middle of a little grilled cheese obsession! like, literally this has been my lunch for the past 5 days: grilled cheese (american of course) with homemade tomato soup. best meal of life.

i also have unc winning. but they are making me sweat!

tell mckay to words with friends me. now! i currently have 12 games going. this is normal, right? allibidalli is my user name...make it happen nic ;)

Stacie Anderson said...

Nicki,
You are the best.
Spencer and I totally have those clothing conversations all the time. He just doesn't get my style. If I ever want to risk it and say, what if I put this with this?... he says... Umm.. that doesn't match. I remind him that we don't always need to match.

Fun outfits just make life a little more exciting.

I miss you both!!