Friday, March 4, 2011

1 year older & wiser too







It was a perfect day.  I went to bed such a happy, happy girl.  Mckay told me that he thought I must have been turning twelve because my excitement was oozing out of every pore.  It's true, I love birthdays.  They were a big deal in my home growing up.  Want to know what I got?  A beautiful birthday letter from my Dad, a darling e-scrapbook photo compilation from my Mom (a feat!) and a latex pillow from Mckay that gives me the most wonderful, deep, I'm-sleeping-in-clouds, sleep possible.  Sounds unexciting but in my grogginess this morning I told him I slept like a queen.  Pretty sure that comment just meant that I slept great.

My favorite part of my birthday went like this: {On Skype with the fam}
Mom, "We have a present for you! Want to see it?"
Me, "YES!"
Regan, holds up picture she drew of Utah and Connecticut with a sign that says "I'm coming to visit you!!!!"
Me, tears and tears and tears and, "Is this my present?!?!" to Mckay. More tears.
Mckay, nods, laughs and looks puzzled, "Are you happy or sad??!"
Me, "So happy and emotional!"

And there you go.  I have the most thoughtful husband a girl could ask for.  My birthday was wonderful from dawn till dusk.  Regan and Mckay gave me such a great gift and I cannot wait to have her out here with us!  Thanks to all for the sweet texts, calls and messages.

7 comments:

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Sounds like a perfect day Nic! And how fun that Reg is coming to visit you.

RACHAEL said...

what a wonderful & sweet birthday :) i must confess i've alREADY failed at our outrageous promise!! that's okay, it's a new day :] i love how mckay didn't know if you were happy or sad. your emotions just bamboozled him to the utmost. it's the best. so excited for you!!!

LOVES!!!!!! <3

Megan and Braden Edwards said...

I love Eve's pouty face, she really does have quite a sweet spot for mckay!

Ashley said...

favorite parts of this:
1. that your sweet husband &regan planned the best and most wonderful present.
2. the 'clothes are optional this year' comment. the best.
3. how yummy all your food looks.
4. how you're so giddy over birthday (me too of course)
5. that you slept like a QUEEN! the cutest ever.
<3

Taunya Spaulding said...

what a perfect birthday!! sounds like you had a great day!!! :) Happy Birthday!!

Shey said...

Cute. This was such a happy post. I love birthday's too. I say, why not make the pepole you love feel super special at least one day out of the year? They deserve it! How fun Regan gets to come!! That's so special! :)

Caroline Craven said...

I'm way impressed that McKay's breakfast an bed looks edible, nothing looks burnt. That would be a challenge for dad. "Clothes optional"??? Funny. It was great skyping with you guys, although a little distracting saying, "What?" all the time. Your gift is still on back order. Haven't forgotten you. I hope it will be worth it. Love you tons. Oh, and Eve is so cute and I want to go eat coconut french toast next time I'm out. I tried to make it at home, but I don't think I got it quite right. It hasn't been requested again.