To say I was {am} a fan of this movie is a slight understatement. I'm pretty sure between the ages of 12-15 Regan and I watched/rented it at every chance we got. We saw the movie when we were too young to see the movie (well before the above age) because I remember both of us bawling and being so distraught over the story line. In fact I remember just thinking about the scene where the captain's window breaks and water floods in and getting teary eyed.
ANYWAY. It was on tonight and for old times sake I watched twenty minutes of it. Still a fabulous movie. When I was younger I was so obsessed with the love story. Jack and Rose were like my ultimate dream. I was so sad that I wasn't born in a different time/place/country so that I could have a rockin' love story like them. I was bummed that my "love story" would most likely be pretty ordinary and bland. Meet in college, fall in love, probably at a park not a sinking boat... so plain!
I wouldn't wear a lavender silk dress and run through the furnace room hand in hand with my lover while running from the crazy, creepy man servant guy. Or go to a dance party with the Irish people. Or get a naked picture drawn wearing only a ridiculously delicious diamond around my neck. Just kidding, wasn't jealous of that last one. So depressing is life!
{Was I a freak? Can anyone else relate? I really hope so because I will feel silly if not.}
Tonight I laughed at my naive younger self. And I thanked my lucky stars for my ordinary love. The unrealistic drama and embellishment for the first time just seemed obscure. I was such a silly pie. This morning when our alarm clock went off at 6:30am (ouch) Mckay pulled me close and we snoozed for another 15 minutes. It was awful to disentangle ourselves. I love the peaceful, safe feeling I get when we're cuddled up in bed. It's one of the best feeling I've ever felt. Then we got up, got ready for work, I left at 7:10am & now I am sitting on my couch at 9:08pm waiting for him to come back all yucky sweaty from his basketball game. We'll fall into bed again and it will be another ordinary day with my extraordinary love in our ordinary world.
5 comments:
Sad to say that I have always had a healthy dislike for the Titanic movie although I dreamt of falling in love like they do in the movies. Although, like you, I am grateful for my ordinary world and the life I live...and there is nothing better than being held in the arms of your hubby!! Love ya.
Love this post oh so much. And I love Titanic. I wish I could have been with you watching it, I've been kinda craving it lately. And how great are Kate and Leo?! I'm so happy you're happy and loving your love.
I am so loving this. I hope you and McKay slept in today and got to enjoy that feeling longer that 6:30a.m! So cute.
really. best=cuddling when your so hazy and in love. titanic... haven't seen it in years. maybe it's time to revisit it &have a girlish crush on those two lover birds.
Enjoy and savor the moments you get to cuddle in bed before jumping out to go face the world. When babies come, they don't especially care that you would like to lay there just a few more minutes.
Post a Comment