A Story on Perspective
On the morning of March 6th, 2011 we were getting ready for church and Mckay grabbed a pair of socks out of his drawer. He has this set of "day of the week" socks, obviously labeled Monday-Sunday. When I fold them I put them in his drawer, starting with Sunday and going left-right ending on Saturday. That morning he grabbed his socks and said to me, "Why did you put Sunday in the middle?" I said, "I didn't, I always put them in order." (Duh) He said, "No you didn't, check my drawer." I said, "Yes I did." The end. I was tangled in my pantyhose and not about to check up on my work (which was correct) with my make-up only half done and the clock ticking away. So we finished getting ready, raced out the door behind schedule and forgot about the socks.
After church I was cleaning up the bedroom and I threw said socks into the laundry, which in turn went into the machine. When I picked up the socks I noticed that they said "Friday" on them and I wondered why I take the time to put them in order if he doesn't even bother to wear them on the right days. Later that evening we had to go to a Youth Fireside, so we were once again in the bedroom getting ready. He asked where his socks went (oops! forgot) and I told him that I threw them in the wash. Then I asked him why he wore his "Friday" socks on "Sunday". He told me, "I didn't, I wore my Sunday socks. I'll just wear my Saturday ones to the fireside."
Knowing that he had in fact worn his FRIDAY socks to church that day, I pulled open his drawer eager to show him his mistake. I laughed when I saw in the drawer one Sunday sock paired with one Friday sock. (Their colors are barely detectable). He had seen the Sunday sock when he put them on that morning and I had seen the Friday sock when I put them away earlier in the week and again when I thew them in the laundry! I showed him and we both had a good laugh over it. He said, "We're both right! We should write this down so we can show our grandkids some day!".
10 comments:
Excellent analogy on perspective. Why does McKay have his socks labeled? I mean, I know the obvious answer, but can't he just grab a pair of socks and go? Do they have to be day-specific?
Me again with more questions. What if his "Friday" socks don't match wat he's wearing on Friday? Does he only have seven pairs of socks? I find this a very interesting little quirk that he has.
the last thing mckay said??!! too cute and funny. is it funny mckay labels his socks? only to me i guess maybe. i love it. this is so funny!!!! :)
Haha!! To funny! <3 it!
Clarification point: I do not label my socks...I'm not a weirdo. As a present a couple years ago, I got socks with a day of the week stitched into each side. Yes, I usually wear my Monday socks on Monday, but I could very well wear my Saturday socks (don't get as much use) on a Thursday just to mix it up...keep the body guessing, ya know? It basically comes down to evening the wear and tear on each pair of sock so I don't have to go buy new socks as frequently.
And the "days of the week" socks are all black. If it is a Tuesday and I want to wear brown shoes, I do. I don't wear my black Tuesday socks, because that is Fashion 101. Duh. I would wear khaki socks instead and the world would be put back in perfect order :)
Love McKay's clarification!!! Funny.
MCKAY!!!!!!!!! i am dying. this is too good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mckay is just too too cute cute cute!
This story is hilarious!!!
I laughed out loud about this, Nicki ... you and your guy are just so darling. I'm glad you found my blog so I could find yours. :) Love you!
Post a Comment