Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Regan girl came to visit us!


Mckay and I picked her up at the airport late Tuesday night.  We came home and gave her the 30 second tour of our 600 sq ft home sweet home and got settled in.  Mckay went to bed but we stayed up and sat on the couch talking and laughing and having much needed sister-time.

Wednesday morning I didn't have work so we hit the grocery store, Goodwill (we revamped my console table decor for under $30.00, it was magical. I'll post that soon), lunch with Mckay at our favorite Thai restaurant and then she came to work with me that afternoon.

Thursday was not so exciting. I worked for 12 hours and she came with me.  She fell asleep.  We were bored and hungry.  The night improved when we came home and made my all time favorite (still haven't tired of it) grilled cheese on sourdough and watched Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.  A blast from our past and so funny and dramatic. We loved it.  We didn't go to be until almost 2am that night, it felt like we were both in high school again!

Friday was Regan's favorite day.  I took her shopping on Greenwich Avenue, it was raining so we weren't there long.  While in Greenwich we squeezed in a quick lunch at Cosi and more shopping at Anthropologie.  Then we went to the Stamford Mall where she took ten years in the Body Shop picking out lotions and potions.  I was impatient.  So rude of me but I couldn't help it.  All the smells were hurting my nose.  After the mall we went to Michaels to get supplies for my latest and greatest project I'm doing.  That took way too long.  I couldn't decide what color paint I wanted to get.  I worried and stressed and went back and forth while she kept repeating to me, "Nicki get this one, I know art. I know it!".  It was funny.  I heard a few people chuckle at our exchanges.  Finally I decided on a color, (which turned out to be the wrong color) much to her relief.  That night I made us all a lovely, accidentally-more-spicy than I intended dinner.  Later that night the three of us hit up our Local Dairy Queen for some blizzards.  The guy made me the wrong one and was offended when I requested what I had actually ordered.  Excuse me?

Saturday was our city day, and the day we actually took a few pictures.  
It was great but so long, by the time we made it home that night we were absolutely exhausted and had spent nearly 12 hours in the city.  It was delightfully fun & Regan was easily pleased and made me feel like a wonderful tour guide/navigator.  We enjoyed brunch at Sarahbeth's, strolled Central Park, walked miles and miles through the streets, took a taxi ride (her first one!), spent a few ours in the Met, spent a few hours in the craziness of Times Square, shopped and ended the night with Sister Act on Broadway.  Which was hilarious by the way, if you are in NYC you should see it.  We laughed so hard.  She loved the city but has truly become accustomed to the beautiful Cache Valley.  She said she couldn't live in NYC and called herself a "country girl", sigh- maybe it will be more Kenna's pace & she'll want to come live out here by me!

Sunday was the sad good-bye day.  I made the three of us a yummy breakfast.  We watched a little bit of General Conference and then we drove her to the airport.  Somehow there were no tears at goodbye but it was still hard to send her off.  I think she was happy to be going back home to see her doggie... oh, and the rest of the family too, maybe.









This was her bed while she was here, & this is how we would find her every morning.  It was funny, her head always under the blanket and extremities sicking out.  So cute.  

We are excited to have Mckay's sister Texas and brother-in-law Kenny here with us this weekend!  We are so lucky to get this much family traffic.  Keep it coming!

Oh- also. Gas?!!! $4.59 is not okay. NOT. OKAY.
Neither is everybody and their dog adding me as a friend on Facebook.  Just because your sister-in-law went to middle school with my husband, does not mean I want to see you on my news feed!

9 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

aw, sisters!! :) glad you had a fun visit with regan! :)

Unknown said...

So fun! You are the sweetest, thanks for all your support. Can't wait to see your up coming projects. That desk makeover you did was fabulous! Loved it. Hope everything is going fantastic for you and Mckay, I wish we lived closer together and could see more of eachother.

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

It must have been great to have your sister visit! We are so excited to see you guys and check out your hood! Our suitcases are starting to fill and my checklist items are getting checked off!

Alysha said...

REGAN! She is so beautiful. A sister trip sounds wonderful! Family visiting is the best! xoxo

RACHAEL said...

so glad you have such a wonderful time!! and i'm so jealous of course. STILLLL waiting for A VISITOR!!!!!!! UGH!

Paul and Em said...

Ha Ha! I totally get the facebook thing. I'm so excited for Kim and Tam to come visit. I hope that I am as awesome with the tour guide thing!

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Sounds like so much fun Nic. Hopefully I will get to see you at a girls get together soon :) I have it on my list of things to do to visit NY and my cuz Nicki.

Ashley said...

Everything sounds like tons of fun. and who better to share it with than a sister :)

Caroline Craven said...

I can just see the two of you being annoyed with each other over the shopping - Regan taking forever in a lotions and potions shop and you taking forever at a craft store picking out paint. I'm glad you girls had a fun time together, and I'm glad she got home safely without her plane losing part of the fuselage in mid-air!