Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 3 in London








Highlight of Mckay's day:  Traditional English breakfast -fried mushrooms, fried tomatoes, fried bread, poached egg and beans.  Okay, that is a big fat lie, he was actually quite frustrated with the breakfast selection during the entirety of this trip.  He did love the British War Rooms: learning tons about WWII, seeing the underground space from which Winston Churchill directed the war, & listening to every word of the audio guide.

Highlight of Nicki's day:  Mckay being done with the audio guide (kidding!).  Being front and center at Buckingham Palace with a million crazy people pushing and shoving at the gate.  Eating dinner at a French restaurant (Cote) where we indulged in the best fried calamari EVER.  

6 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh my gosh! i'm so incredibly jealous of your getaway! you need to bring me along the next time you go! so fun!

Stephanie said...

FUN! My favorite UK breakfast: Toasted fried egg sandwiches. I'd eat them every single day if I could!

Linzvor said...

Oh Nicki, I want to go there RIGHT NOW!! What a fun trip! I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip.

Unknown said...

I want to go!! Beautiful pictures.

Ashley said...

so jelly. looks too fun. seriously.

Ferris Family said...

Wow, your trip sounded amazing and the pictures are breath taking. You and your hubby have seen some beautiful sites.