Have you ever seen a cuter group of 4 year olds? These are just five of the ten in my Primary class. I love them! Most Sundays they are just as cute as can be, albeit, hard to keep focused. Class ended and they all wanted to hide under the table & have me tell the Mamas that I lost them. Look at them!!! Too adorable for their own good. And they say the most hilarious things. Like,
"Sister Dunn, you have bags under your eyes."
& "What kind of car does Jesus have?"
They are also impressively smart and have such a sweet, innocent perspective on the gospel. I will be sad when I don't get to teach them every Sunday.
We went to dinner & bowling with our good friends Josh & Colleen this weekend. Bowling was fun/awkward. Not for them, only for me. Because I suck at bowling. They were all really good & kept getting strikes & really enjoyed themselves. Especially Mckay who got 5 strikes in a row!!! (214 points... super human freak bowler). It was a fun night even with the overpowering aroma of stale cologne + fried food, horrible lighting & obnoxious meat heads next to us.
I decided to run a 1/2 marathon & as punishment got hurt on my run on Saturday. My knee has always bothered me, but never caused a significant amount of pain. The last few weeks it would be sore after jogging & sometimes after crossing my legs or bending weird. Mckay & I were out on a lovely mid-Saturday run & it was acting up again. As per usual, I was pushing through the pain, thinking it just needed to get worked out. Then I stopped & couldn't start again. Worst pain ever. I was almost in tears/screaming on the side of the road because I couldn't move my leg or pick it up or bend it. It felt like a had a fat golf ball lodged in the side of my knee. A complete stranger offered to take us home. Bikers stared. Mckay laughed. I moaned. I made Mckay run home (he wanted the exercise) & get the car & come rescue me. And then I iced it all day. Prognosis: Iliotibial band syndrome or IT band injury. So no 1/2 marathon for me.
Mckay came home after a run one day & told me that he had seen a house and immediately thought "that is a Nicki house" (cute!). That week on our Sunday walk, we were strolling through that same neighborhood & I spotted this gem before he even said anything. Isn't it a beauty? He knows me so well. I couldn't imagine a more perfectly picturesque house. And with yellow daffodils! Love it!
Magnolia blossoms smelled so sweet & looked so pretty. There is beauty all around & I had to snap a picture.
Still waiting on that sofa fairy.
Still sitting on the floor when we want to "relax" & watch TV. It's the worst. But I just can't deal with the research and time it would take to pick out a sofa, so for now, we sit on the floor.
3 more weeks of this semester-
We are in the middle of mental health nursing & as I read through the book I start to wonder if I am the patient they are referring to in the vignette, "anxiety, tension, restlessness, irritability, lack of concentration, racing thoughts, sleep disturbances, panic attacks"...
Sounds about right :]
Just kidding, I'm holding on just fine, only looking forward to a break, a nap, and a book!
7 comments:
umm a HALF MARATHON NBD?!!!! oh okay. just miss fit pants over here!! i'm so sad your knee is sick/sad. is there a cure? or just rest probably? that house really is so beautiful/divine. i love it too. don't worry.. i'm bad at bowling too and (of course) scott is good at it. i love you! let's (seriously) see each other soon. this summer we need to make us some plans!
Nicki you are adorable. I love reading your posts. You are so clever and fun. So sorry about the 1/2 marathon. I can't remember the last time I went bowling. I probably wouldn't be all that great either. I too love that house. I admire houses where ever I go. The best houses are the unique ones with character. ;-)
Sorry about the 1/2 marathon. Sounds like terrible pain! We have to go bowling together when we move out there because Joel and Mckay will keep each other entertained while we watch our balls roll in the gutter! I'm awful at bowling. Also, I died when I saw the picture of that house. Perfect!
We had so much fun that night!!! We have to do it again, SOON!
Seriously, I love reading your posts. You write so well/cute/funny/perfectly.
I am sorry about your knee. That really stinks.
I am in love with the house, too. I bet it is super cute on the inside.
I am a wuss at bowling. I have to get the kiddy size ball just to see it roll slowly down the alley :( Ha ha!
Would a knee brace help? And do you have to teach all 10 kids by yourself?!! Because that would be intense.
IT band problems are THE WORST! I'm so sorry!! Have you ever tried a foam roller?? Might help...I got killer shin splints when I trained for my first marathon. I just took a REALLY long time off til they went completely away and then eased back into running again very slowly. I'm sure you will still cross half marathon off your bucket list someday... ;)
Post a Comment