I had the best of intentions to make stockings for us this year... Sadly. I never got to it. Mostly because I don't have the sewing machine or the confidence. But I have serious aspirations come next year.
(Isn't my socking cute? My Mom made it for me when I was a wee babe.)
This year we're staying in Connecticut for Christmas, and even though we'll be missing family, we're excited to have our first Christmas just the two of us. I just thought his wrapping job was too cute to not take a picture of. He's really good at drawing hearts, better than most men I'd say.
Our presents from the Craven side came today, along with a second box of goodies. Mostly, the cedar chest stuff she saved for me for "when you get married".
At our wedding, instead of having guests sign a guest book, we had them sign fabric swatches & my Mom pieced a quilt together for us. I loved it even more than I anticipated. 
Mckay's favorite square, it's from his nephew Dallas, he's 11. "Good luck Mac daddy!" :)
My favorite thing she sent me? My blessing dress. I've always been so in love with it, but this time, peeling back the tissue paper was a little more sentimental and emotional for me. My Grandma McAffee (who died two weeks before we were married) made it for me and my Great Grandmother made me the booties. Now that she is gone, I have a whole new level of gratitude and love for this tiny dress. When I hold it, I think of her & I love that when we bless our daughters in it, a little piece of Shirley McAffee will be there.
Merry Christmas Eve Eve!
8 comments:
What a cute package. I have intentions to do us stockings this year. Not done yet, maybe rading the sock drawer again. ;) Have a fun Christmas.
sweet, adore, love. lots of it. i am "going to make stockings for me and dan" too.... ... umm... should we try to help each other? my mom made all of ours and they are teddy bears and i feel that i need to make ones for us too... i just can't buy. quilt!? cutest! how sweet! dress?! do sweet, i love little nicki in it. and can't wait for little dove.
:)
The quilt turned out great! I wish I would have thought of it when Kenny and I got married:) Also, the blessing dress is adorable.
Merry Christmas!
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :)
McKay's favorite block was actually my favorite block too. It made me laugh every time I saw it. I also loved Gmpa. Mc's, very short and to the point! Your post made we weep a little. I did the same thing when I pulled the dress and booties (that almost feels like a dirty word now) out of the cedar chest. I'm so glad you have these treasures. Gma did a beautiful job on that dress.
Oh, one more thing. While doing this quilt, I noticed a few remarks to "K80's". I'm sure there is a story behind that, like how did he earn that nickname. I'd like the details please.
cute stockings. i think i will make stockings for my family when i know we are done having kids. your quilt is adorable. how sweet about your blessing dress. have a merry christmas.
!!!! this is the sweetest!! i love the sweet little blessing dress and want you to have a baby NOW so she can wear it! i love the sweet present wrapping (so something scott would do) and the adorably funny stockings on the radiator! straight out of a book it feels like! love you
Post a Comment