Wednesday, March 16, 2011

They call me Martha.

Okay, they really don't, but I wish they did.  I have been bit by the crafting/cooking/sewing/gardening/ creating/domesticity bug BIG TIME.  Like, I want to quit my job and just find new things to do every day.  I want to plant herbs and flowers and tomatoes.  I want to sew curtains and pillows and skirts.  I want to make darling things with buttons and yarn.  I want to cook cutesy desserts, not just regular brownies.  I also want to whip up delicious, gourmet meals for my love every single day.  To go with all of that, I'd love a huge, white, blank canvass home that I can decorate from head to toe.

Until that day comes (or doesn't) I'll just occupy myself with baby crafts & lead a balanced life.  In pursuit of my new vision, I made this yarn wreath on Saturday.  I had a big peach-colored ribbon on it, but it looked weird so today ripped the bow off and made rosettes out of felt.  I know some of the flowers look navy, but it's actually a deep violet color.  My camera can't remember to take accurate pictures sometimes.



Mckay didn't make the biggest fuss over the wreath make-over (even after I hinted to him that he needed to) & when I pointed out the newly made flowers he said, "Oh! I thought you bought those flower things at Anthropologie or something and just glued them on!". Yes. Perfect reaction.  He is forgiven for his underwhelming response to my craftiness! 

I had so much fun making this one!  I want to make 10 more-at least, too bad I only have one front door. 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

one day i will have a front door. i am pretty sure you have ten friends . . .

Megan and Braden Edwards said...

um....I have a very naked front door...just sayin

Scott & Ashley said...

1. you could make me one to satisfy your need?
2. mckay's reaction/yours to his is scott and i's favorite conversation... 'umm.... no LOOK AT THIS!!!!'
3. love that it looks like its from anthro. perfect.
4. we need to get together ASAP and craft/make cards/love everything together kay?
5. those flowers?!!! those flowers. SOOO PERFECT!! really. soo so so perfect!
6. i love youuu!

Anonymous said...

McKay is my favorite, he knows exactly what to say. Anthro= heart!

You are seriously my soul mate friend. I've been going through the same crafty bug. I love it. Beautiful wreath.

And Ashley's comment above is also my favorite. Lets start a craft club. :)

Sara Bosler Castro said...

I feel the same way! It's like I'm nesting but I'm not even pregnant. Right now I would drop out of school in second to cook and clean and be crafty. You're wreath is adorable, I love the purple and grey together.

Caroline Craven said...

Your wreath turned out cute and I love the felt flowers. I thought you bought them too.

Alysha said...

Look at you little mini martha! I love it! Crafts are the best! Good job, Nicki!

Ashley said...

I totally hear you! I've had the craft bug big time too. Love your wreath and so impressed with the flowers.

RACHAEL said...

you are SOOO precious!! i wish i could have read this blog to 18/19 year old nicki. you would have freaked no doubt. you are such a lovely wife!!! funny how things change :) and i looove that wreath!! one of my friends has made a couple and i fell in love and have been wanting to make one.. you just took the CAKE! it is gorgeous!! i need lessons!

Ferris Family said...

Let's give a shout out to the ever so talented Nicki! Woot, Woot! I love the wreath. Please give details about how you made the cute flowers.

Oh and with all the crafty fun you want to have you should check out my favorite website called allthingsthrifty.com You will love everything you see.

Lots of love,
April